- TRIO P/T Tutor/Peer Mentor-TRIO Student Success Program - Bunker Hill Community College
- Go to our website »
TRIO Student Success Program
The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program at BHCC intended to increase the retention and graduation rates of first-generation and low-income students as well as individuals with disabilities who are enrolled in the program. Reporting to the Director of the TRIO Student Success Program in the Division of Academic Support & College Pathway Programs, the Tutor/Peer Mentor will perform a variety of tutoring and mentoring duties which involve contact/meeting with students, assisting with tutoring, maintaining records, filing and reports.
TRIO P/T Tutor/Peer Mentor: Tutor/Peer Mentors will advise, tutor, guide, and be a resource to TRIO SSS students. The primary focus is to support the overall success of the student by providing goal setting, tutoring, professional development, and personal development. Candidate must demonstrate willingness, patience, and a passion for the student's advancement and retention. Other tasks assigned by director as deemed necessary.
- Successful completion of college coursework
- Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems
- Time management skills and ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to connect with non-traditional/at-risk students in a positive and professional manner
- Clear understanding of FERPA and student confidentiality
- Leadership ability, good communication & social skills, positive role model, and ability to relate to culturally diverse students
- Preference is given to TRIO experience
- Ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary: $15-$17 per hour (hours vary, academic year) non-benefited, and grant funded.
Review Date: Open Until Filled
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency