Responsible for programming related activities including analysis, design, development, maintenance, testing and support for enterprise applications including but not limited to Oracle-based Banner ERP, and Argos reporting.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
1) Design/Analysis: Performs business analysis and requirements gathering. Analyzes and makes recommendations on improving existing systems. Meets with user community, project manager and other programmers to develop an understanding of the overall system requirements of development requests.
2) Development/Programming: Designs solutions based on purchased or in-house developed software. Develops database triggers, functions and procedures. Develops integration solutions between Banner and other University supported systems. Creates new and modify existing software to support the University's needs.
3) Maintenance/Support: Installs, configures, adapts and supports software. Troubleshoots and debugs system errors. Performs application patching and upgrade testing.
4) Reporting: Develops reports, dashboards and provides assistance with Argos reporting solution
5) Training/Documentation: Documents new applications, systems and processes. Keeps documentation updated. Provides training to end users and colleagues on new and existing systems as needed.
6) Performs other duties as assigned
Education/Degrees: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences or a related discipline OR equivalent in education and experience required.
Experience: Minimum 2-5 years computer programming experience. Experience with database programming using PL/SQL, C and Unix scripting preferred; experience in working within Banner software platform in higher education environment preferred.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computer operating systems
- Required: UNIX/Linux, Microsoft Office, PL/SQL and Oracle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact successfully with clients
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency