RESIDENCE LIFE COORDINATOR (Student Services Professional II)
Posting Number: VA1045
Position available for one year from date of hire with the possibility of renewal.
The Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) staff are responsible for broad residential community oversight, educational programming, and facilities management. Day-to-day work is performed independently, however incumbent also serves as a member of the Residential Life team comprised of the Associate Director for Residential Life, four Residence Conduct Coordinator (RCC) staff, four RLC staff, and the Coordinator for Residential Life Leadership and Engagement, and the Program Assistant. CSU Chico has an on-campus student housing population of approximately 2,200 students. RLCs provide educational programs, customer service, counseling referrals, and crisis response. Incumbents deal with complex, sensitive situations, incumbent must use sound professional judgment and successful counseling techniques to effectively interact with college-age students. The RLC position co-supervises 14-18 Resident Advisors assigned to a given community. They also directly supervise the students employed at service desks. Additionally, the RLC position has overall advisory and leadership responsibility for Community Council. This is a live-in position that emphasizes development of our students as a person, as well as hall management needs. The Residential Life staff is on-call 24 hours a day, however, actual working time is varied and flexible and opportunity for adequate time off is available. May include late night, early morning, and weekend commitments as situations dictate/require.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1045-Position-Description
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or a job-related field.
Two years of full-time professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field; experience should give evidence of competence and indicate the potential for further growth.
- A Masters degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience. Additional specialized experience which demonstrates the applicant has successfully applied the knowledge and abilities of a Student Services professional may also be substituted for required education on a year-for year basis.
- The person holding this position is considered a General Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
- California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check/and or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This is considered a sensitive position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Group/Category: Procurement Card Holder, 2) Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) under the Clery Act and is required to comply with the requirements of this designation.
- Position requires incumbent to live in an on-campus residence hall apartment for the entire contractual period. This position includes a one- or two-bedroom furnished apartment, which includes utilities.
- At least one person from the Residential Life staff is on-call 24 hours a day. The nature of the position requires incumbent to work variable hours, including late night and early morning hours as situations dictate/require as well as serve when needed in an emergency response capacity.
- Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Drivers License as well continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Drivers Training course, and all CSU Chico online training through the Training and Development system.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings for meetings and events.
This position requires incumbent to live in an on-campus residence hall apartment for the entire contractual period. This position includes dining hall privileges; a one- or two-bedroom furnished apartment, which includes utilities. Work involves frequent to constant interaction with students, parents, guests, faculty and staff. At least one person from the Residential Life staff is on-call 24 hours a day. The nature of the position requires incumbent to work variable hours, including late night and early morning hours as situations dictate/require as well as serve when needed in an emergency response capacity. May occasionally work outside and locations may include even and uneven walking surfaces, exposure to weather changes such as temperatures, humidity or precipitation.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency