Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,377 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 37 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The Woods College of Advancing Studies (WCAS) at Boston College is searching for a Program Director for the MS in Sports Administration (MSSA) program. Since its launch in Summer 2017, the MSSA program has offered courses to develop industry-relevant knowledge and skills for those who want to pursue or advance their careers in the sports management field.
The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Master of Science in Sports Administration degree program. We are seeking an innovative industry / academic professional to focus on foundational growth and expansion of the MSSA program.
MSSA Program Director will focus on program operations and initiatives that include:
- Identify in-demand market skills and create new courses to provide new program capabilities including new program specialization
- Enhancing the quality of the program by developing new graduate specializations and certificates to meet current market demands and anticipate ones of the future
- Managing and enhancing the program's Advisory Board to help think about current initiatives and future directions
- Recruit top experts in the field to teach in the program
- Build out internship capabilities for students
- Collaborate with WCAS Enrollment Management team to attract and enroll new students
- Work with WCAS Graduate Program team to build new partner organizations
- Create full online program delivery
- Contribute to program evaluation and student progress reporting
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $105,150 to $131,450; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will have a terminal degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D.) in an appropriate discipline relative to sports administration.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least five (5) years of industry experience in positions related to the administration of sports teams/organizations/businesses
- Record of developing strategic partnerships with critical external organizations within the field of Sport Administration
- Involvement with relevant professional and/or industry associations and agencies
- Experience leading teams of professionals
- Record of creating and implementing educational programs
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=4288&site=1
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency