Program Assistant, Engagement & Outreach
Job Opening ID: 175552
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: School Music
Department: School of Music,Theatre&Dance
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/13/2019 8/20/2019
Salary: $34,000.00 $34,000.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: The Arts
General Office / Administrative Support
Note: To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
The program assistant has responsibility for the execution of logistics and customer service related to Engagement and Outreach program support including: program registrations, answering phones and responding to email inquiries, and direct support for the Youth & Adult Programs Manager. This position requires regular evening and weekend work.
Supervision Received: The Program Assistant receives supervision and direction from the Youth & Adult Programs Manager and the Director of Engagement & Outreach.
As a comprehensive performing arts school set in one of the world's finest public institutions of higher education, the School of Music, Theatre & Dance (SMTD) is deeply engaged in the creation, practice, scholarship, and pedagogy of music, theatre, and dance. We aim to provide leadership, nationally and internationally, in all three fields. We assert and celebrate the value of the arts to the mission of the University of Michigan. SMTD is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion in order to achieve and sustain excellence.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from parents, students, and program participants over the phone and through email.
- Maintain and implement processes that support admissions and registration for all Youth & Adult Programs (Michigan Youth Ensembles, String Preparatory Academy, MPulse Summer Performing Arts Institutes, Voices Valiant Choir, Adult Summer Intensives)
- Process all participant enrollment
- Application and database maintenance
- Monitor application Fees & Tuitions
- Weekly Roster Reports to Faculty during application season
- Financial Aid application preparation for committee review
- Registration Form maintenance
- Medical Forms/Binder creation and up-keep
- Prepare correspondences with faculty, staff, students, university, and community agencies including handbooks, schedules, admission packets, and registration materials.
- Serve as initial point of contact between Youth & Adult Programs and current and prospective participants and their families
- Ensure optimal communication and coordinate logistics across all services that support Youth & Adult Programs.
- Coordinate and assist with backstage production for rehearsals, master classes, recitals, special events and performances for Youth & Adult Programs
- Coordinate all promotional plans and pieces for Engagement & Outreach in collaboration with the SMTD Communications Department.
- Ad Placement & Ad Design
- MMC/MYAF Attendance
- Social Media oversite for all YAP programs
- Teacher & School Engagement
- Poster & Flyer Creation
- Coordinate program recruitment, including working with teachers, schools and collaboration with the E&O Community Engagement Outreach Programs Manager.
- Represent the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre, & Dance Youth & Adult Programs in a professional manner
- A Bachelor's Degree and at least one year of office experience, or equivalent work experience in an office setting, familiarity of the arts industry helpful.
- Must have exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Exceptional organizational skills, have the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Demonstrate accuracy with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Meet deadlines through excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a dedicated team.
- Proficiency in Mac, and Google cloud based environment and use of programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media, Mail Chimp, Relational Databases, Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities.
- Be punctual and reliable as a team member.
- Have the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- A minimum of two years' experience in an office environment, preferably in the arts industry.
- Concert and rehearsal production experience.
A pre-employment background check must be conducted before a candidate may receive a firm offer of employment to a staff position at the University of Michigan.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/175552/program_assistant_engagement_outreach
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency