Political Science Instructor, part-time
College of the Desert
Salary: $42.31 - $58.15 Hourly
Job Type: Adjunct Instructor
Job Number: 18-0466
Location: All locations, CA
Department: School of Arts & Sciences
- Master's in political science, government, or international relations
OR bachelor's in any of the above AND master's in economics, history, public administration, social science, sociology, any ethnic studies, JD, or LL.B.
OR the equivalent.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) Include education and experience with employment dates.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Must be from an accredited institution and show name of institution, degree, discipline, and date awarded. Diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of the required transcripts. Degrees earned outside of the U.S. require that a Foreign Equivalency be uploaded with the foreign transcripts.
- List of Professional References Must include at least 2 supervisors and 2 current or previous colleagues. Please include name, title, email and current phone numbers for each reference. Letters of reference will not be accepted as a substitute for the required List of Professional References.
Teach a variety of courses in the subject area.
Classes could be at the Palm Desert Campus or one of our sites in Indio, Mecca/Thermal, Desert Hot Springs, and/or Palm Springs. Classes may be scheduled during the day, evening or weekends.
Part-time faculty assignments are filled on an as needed basis utilizing this open and ongoing applicant pool. The number of available openings will vary from semester to semester. Candidates selected for the pool will be contacted by the division should a vacancy arise.
Starting Master degree lecture rate: $55.25 / Lab rate: $44.54
Starting Doctorate degree lecture rate: $58.15 / Lab rate: $46.88
If you do not clearly meet the minimum qualifications as they are defined, you must submit an Equivalency (Download PDF reader)Request (Download PDF reader) form along with your application materials.
Degrees earned outside of the U.S. require that a Foreign Equivalency be uploaded with the foreign transcripts.
APPLICATION REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Applications missing any of the required documents listed will not be considered. The following documents are required at the time of application:
To apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/collegeofthedesert
If you are a person who thrives in a diverse environment, who values integrity, respect, student success, and professionalism, we welcome and encourage you to apply.
Employment selection and related decisions at College of the Desert are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, color or any other protected class.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency