DIRECTOR, STUDENT HEALTH SERVICE (Administrator III)
Posting Number: VA896
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, the director has oversight responsibility for the Student Health Service, Counseling and Wellness, Safe Place, and the Campus Alcohol and Education Center. In addition, this position has direct responsibility for the overall operation of the Student Health Service (SHS), including the assessment of student health care needs, development of programs and policies, management of a complex budget, and the supervision of approximately 80 staff, including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, technicians, ancillary health care professionals, managers, administrative support staff, student assistants and interns. SHS provides a full range of ambulatory health care services and is organized into three major departments: Clinical Services, Health Education, and Administration. The director is responsible for these units and for coordinating SHS activities with those of other university units. Work may include late night, early morning, weekend commitments, and travel as situations dictate/require.
Bachelors Degree in a health related discipline, public administration, business or other related field.
Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the leadership in the area of healthcare, health education, administration or similar type work plus three (3) years of experience in operational, fiscal management, and supervision.
- The person holding this position is considered a General Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the applicable CSU Executive Order (revised July 21, 2017), as a condition of employment.
- This position is a Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA) designated managerial position and comes under the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. Individuals appointed to management positions serve at the pleasure of the President or designee. They are excluded from the collective bargaining process, are not subject to probationary service, and do not receive tenure or permanent status. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. This considered a sensitive position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) under the Clery Act and is required to comply with the requirements of this designation.
- Serve as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings for meetings and events.
The position involves frequent interaction with staff, faculty, students, and interns, in an active and fast-paced dynamic environment. The Student Health Center operates M-F 8:00 am 5:00 pm during regular semester and 7:00 am 5:30 pm during summer. The position and will interface with inter-campus agencies and administration on a regular basis, requiring on-going communication, negotiations, and visitations to other campus offices, and the Chancellors office. Organization and participation in monthly committee planning meetings, and oversight for occasional after-hours and weekends are required. Early morning, evening or weekend hours may be required, as well as travel.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency