This ad is expired.
Job Opening ID: 173945
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Exec Vp Med Affairs
Department: UMHS Developm - Communications
Posting Begin/End Date: 6/12/2019 6/26/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Development / Institutional Advancement
Communications & Marketing
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Work in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment as a member of a multifaceted development communications team. The Communications Coordinator will work independently and proactively to support production and project management processes for a variety of print and digital projects, including fundraising proposals, impact reports, event collateral, banners, and digital graphics. This person will also provide backup support on communications activities across the team as needed.
Along with a cover letter and resume, please submit any portfolio materials including design or writing samples.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Print and digital design and coordination
- Coordinate and track production of multiple deadline-driven projects, including multi-level vetting and approval processes.
- Create or update existing development collateral using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Facilitate design and production of print and digital materials in coordination with vendors and freelancers.
- Assist with review of projects for Michigan Medicine brand standards and style guidelines.
- Write, copy edit, and proofread text.
General and writing support
- Provide project and writing support on a variety of communications activities and offer backup to communications team members as needed.
- Occasionally write and/or edit content for development communications including giving stories, promotional materials, newsletter articles, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years progressively responsible communications experience working with production of print or digital collateral.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint; and Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Experience with proofreading, style guides and grammar editing (proficiency in AP style preferred).
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills with superb attention to detail.
- Familiarity with graphic design principles and practices; some training or experience with graphic design/layout.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work and problem solve, develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to philanthropy at Michigan Medicine.
- Discretion and the ability to interact with top-tier stakeholders while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work flexible hours with occasional weekend and evening work as necessary.
- Experience coordinating and managing communications projects, including creating and tracking budgets and timelines with multiple priorities. Experience with project management software.
- Experience working in a health system environment and knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in a fundraising organization
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan and/or the Michigan Medicine organizational structure, culture, operations, and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/173945/communications_coordinator
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency