Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The Campus School is a private, special education day school for students ages 3-21 with severe, multiple disabilities. The Assistant Program Director provides supervision to staff, assists in the development of policies and procedures, coordinates the referral process for new students, works with parents, directs IEP meetings and coordinates University student involvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Catalog, assess and research current curriculum materials and needs for staff use
- Ensure that teaching and instructional materials are age appropriate and relevant
- Ensure that all students receive appropriate educational, therapeutic and health care services
- Supervise and evaluate direct service staff (teachers, therapists, nurses, etc.)
- Chair IEP meetings and prepare meeting notes, oversee service delivery for all students
- Provide guidance to Administrative Assistant in scheduling all IEP meetings
- Develop and support effective partnerships with Campus School families
- Develop and manage relationships with public schools to assess needs and encourage referrals
- Promote public school and community collaborations
- Work with teaching assistants regarding classroom instruction, curriculum development, as well as future plans, interviewing, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating orientation and mandated training for all staff, volunteers, student employees and student interns.
- Update and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure compliance with current DESE regulations cross-trained with Director
- Attend screenings of for prospective students and ensure that all prospective student records have been set up and disseminated.
- Any additional duties assigned by the Director
- Uphold the mission and values of Boston College Campus School
This is a grant-funded position beginning on July 1. Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Master's Degree in Special Education and/or Curriculum and Instruction
Massachusetts Educator's License in Special Education
Five years of administrative and teaching experience working in a school for students with severe medical and physical disabilities. Experience with state and federal regulations as well as curriculum development and the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
Excellent Communication Skills
Excellent Organizational Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Excellent Problem Solving Ability
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits including depending on your job classification eligibility;
Tuition remission for Employees
Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
Generous Medical, and Dental Insurance
Low-Cost Life Insurance
Eligibility for both 401K and University Funded 403B Retirement Plans
Paid Holidays Annually
Generous Sick, and Vacation Pay
Additional benefits can be found on https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook&source=gmail&ust=1570800290784000&usg=AFQjCNES_iFTBlbcxJ2250iwX5hVoVapnw" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=1916162&targetURL=http://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook" style="color:rgb(17," 85,="" 204);="" target="_blank">www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity/compliance/nondiscrim
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=3642&site=1
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency