BUS DRIVER (Bus Driver/Heavy Equipment Operator) - UPDATED
Posting Number: VA951
Position available for one year from date of hire with the possibility of renewal.
This intermittent position will operate buses for campus related activities as needed, up to a maximum of 1,000 compensated hours per fiscal year. Incumbent may be required to perform manual labor associated with the use of equipment.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA951-Position-Description
Equivalent to one year of paid truck driving, automotive equipment operation, or bus driving experience, including operation of heavy trucks of three axles or more, or large loaders, forklifts or other equipment.
Equivalent to one year of paid or regularly assigned driving experience, preferably involving bus driving or chauffeuring, or driving a car pool or other experience driving passenger carrying vehicles.
- The person holding this position is considered a Limited Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017), as a condition of employment.
- A valid California Commercial Class B drivers license, with a passenger endorsement to carry up to 30 passengers, must be maintained throughout employment in this position, as well as successful completion and continued compliance with CSU Defensive Driving Course.
- A current Medical Examiner Class B Certificate (within the past two years) must be maintained throughout employment in this position.
- Incumbent must pass pre-employment DOT drug testing and random testing and reasonable suspicion testing for both drugs (controlled substances) and alcohol, as per DOT requirements, throughout employment.
- Drivers of state-owned vehicles must maintain a good driving record which will be checked in accordance with commercial driving requirements with the Department of Motor Vehicles. A good driving record according to UCAM 6562 requires each employee who drives a state vehicle to certify he/she has been issued not more than three moving violations or been responsible for more than three accidents (or any combination of more than three thereof) during the past 12 months.
- California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check/and or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position remains seated in a stationary position for long periods of time while driving vehicles. Position also moves about frequently loading and unloading, fueling and performing vehicle checks and minor maintenance. Must climb stairs to enter bus.
The majority of work is performed operating a standard passenger bus. Work locations vary greatly depending on destination, and may include even and uneven walking surfaces, exposure to weather such as summer and winter temperatures, humidity or precipitation for several hours each day. Work may involve moderate exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency