Associate Director of Compliance, Audit, and Training
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Student Financial Services (SFS) team as an Associate Director of Compliance, Audit, and Training. In this critical role, you will work under the direction of the Director of Compliance, Audit, and Training. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that Student Financial Services complies with federal, state, and institutional policies.
To achieve this, you will research, develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures, ensuring they are effective in achieving compliance and meeting the needs of SFS leadership and operational teams. You will proactively advise and assist operational areas to align processes with compliance requirements. You will collaborate with other units to organize and deliver a comprehensive training program for SFS employees. You will conduct internal audits and risk assessments to ensure quality control of Title IV processes. Additionally, you will participate in federal and state on-site audit visits and assist with any corrective actions.
We are looking for someone who is organized, proactive, and capable of working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You should be a self-starter who can establish plans, manage timelines, and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
A successful candidate will possess an astute ability to interpret, apply, and communicate federal and state law and regulation. You prioritize accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail. You should be comfortable working independently and collaborating with others across the organization to achieve common goals.
This position is based in Boston, MA and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
- Develops and maintains SFS policy manuals, ensuring that they are effective in achieving compliance and meeting the needs of SFS leadership and operational teams.
- Proactively identifies and analyzes potential risks and exposures, providing clear guidance and hands-on assistance as needed to align processes and operations with compliance requirements.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Title IV and state laws and regulations, keeping leadership and staff informed.
- Serves as a compliance expert and resource on projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with Customer Experience (CX) and Operational units to design and deliver a robust training program across all SFS service areas, for both new and existing staff.
- Conducts internal audits and presents results to Director of Compliance and SFS leadership.
- Informs the Director of Compliance and Dean of SFS of any issues that may compromise compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Participates in federal and state on-site audit visits and assists with any corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of four years of experience in federal student aid programs, or compliance, audit, and training
- Possess a basic understanding of legislative and regulatory processes, including how regulations are made and enforced.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including the ability to locate and analyze relevant legal and regulatory information.
- Experience with large-scale systems in financial aid or student accounts preferred.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex compliance requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear, concise, and actionable manner.
- Ability to foster collaboration and rapport with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment, and solve problems.
- Proven proactive work style; adept at anticipating and addressing challenges.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and skills development.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Compliance--Audit--and-Training_R123356
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency