Department: Behavioral, Social Sciences & Global Learning
Locations: Boston, MD
Posted: May 13, 2020
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Dean of Behavioral, Social Sciences and Global Learning, the Associate Dean of the Library and Learning Commons is part of a team of academic and student affairs administrators whose shared focus is the development, implementation and assessment of innovative academic and co-curricular initiatives that promote student access, equity and achievement.
The Associate Dean provides leadership for all functions of the library, including managing staff, developing and implementing an integrated learning commons model, collaborating with faculty to integrate information literacy outcomes and assessment across the curriculum, and leveraging technology and high-impact practices to support student success.
- Master's in Library and Information Science from an American Library Association accredited institution, or related field;
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in academic libraries;
- Ability to collaborate and lead effectively in a diverse educational environment;
- Demonstrated experience leading major change and innovation initiatives;
- Knowledge of recent scholarship and research on academic librarianship and direct experience with library instruction and information literacy outcomes and assessment
- Experience working in or leading a library with an integrated learning commons model;
- Demonstrated experience in collection development, budget management, and online library management systems;
- Experience collaborating effectively with faculty, staff in academic support services work areas, and administrators across the college;
- Demonstrated ability to manage library staff effectively and to develop and implement asset-based professional development for staff;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Doctorate in Library and Information Science or related field;
- Experience working in a community college library;
- Experience supporting Open Educational Resources programs;
- College-level teaching experience;
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment strongly preferred.
Salary Range: $95,000.00 - 105,000.00
Review Date: To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by June 20, 2020
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency