- In conjunction with the Director, Student Advising & Success, designs and directs delivery of academic and personal support services for undergraduate students and provides continual assessment, development, and quality improvement of those services. This includes the delivery of programs and services for students and oversight of the communication about those programs and services to the community.
- In the absence of the Director, the Assistant Director will provide leadership for the Department/assume the duties of the Director, including staff supervision.
- Serves with the Director as a liaison between the Registrar's Office and the Student Success Advisors to manage the certification of graduates.
- As needed, represents the Department on Babson College Assessment, Response, & Evaluation (CARE) Team, serving as a case manager and liaison to the Student Success Advisors, faculty, and other campus partners; serves on other committees as assigned.
- Collaborates with the Director, Student Advising & Success, on the management of complicated cases and exceptions to the school's academic policies.
- Collaborates with the Director, Student Advising & Success and Associate Deans of the Undergraduate School to make sure all academic policies are documented and updated appropriately in printed and electronic mediums.
- Assists the Director, Student Advising & Success with team retreat/building activities.
- Manages one Ugrad Listserv.
- Acts as a resource for students involved in the College community standards process.
- Participates in appropriate College Commencement activities as determined by the Director, Student Advising & Success.
- Works closely with partner offices in addressing student issues including: Athletics, Center for Career Development, Health & Wellness, Registrar, Student Financial Services, Undergraduate Admission, etc.
- Supports the efforts of other offices by participating in alumni, admission, undergraduate program, career development events as designated by the Director, Student Advising & Success.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
May supervise graduate assistants, interns, and/or student employees.
Minimum Level of Education Required Master's Degree (Student Personnel Administration, Higher Education, or a related field)
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 5-6 years of experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and other constituents.
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Workday and Salesforce Advisor Link.
- Must be capable of effectively managing a student crisis and follow up with all appropriate parties in support of their academic, personal, and professional success.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be customer service oriented and respectful of time commitments.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Evening and weekends as required.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Counseling skills are advantageous.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Naz5GDIg5e4Eh6p2sqax4
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency