Job Description Summary
Under general supervision this position will serve as an integral part of the Career and Professional Development team. The successful candidate will provide career coaching to students primarily interested in creative careers (including but not limited to entertainment & media; communication and public relations; fashion, lifestyle, & design; and fine & performing arts). The CPD Specialist will be charged with developing, supporting, and maintaining high quality resources and programs that help Loyola Marymount University (LMU) students achieve their full career potential.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide one-on-one career coaching to undergraduate students interested in creative professions, with particular focus on students within the College of Communication & Fine Arts (CFA) and the School of Film and Television (SFTV). Implement workshops, information sessions, employer site visits, and industry panels to introduce students to a wide range of professionals and careers.
- Serve as CPD's liaison to CFA and SFTV, meeting regularly with senior administrators and key faculty. Collaborate and communicate regularly with campus partners to develop and deliver joint programs and resources for students and alumni.
- Collaborate regularly with the Director of Campus Partnerships to set program goals and strategies for maximizing student engagement with CPD's diverse campus partner model.
- In partnership with CFA, SFTV and key CPD staff, coordinate large-scale signature networking events for each School/College for students considering careers in a variety of creative industries. Collaborate with alumni stakeholders to shape event goals, identify and recruit alumni committee members, and select speakers. Cultivate student interest and provide post-event programming that encourages action toward career goals.
- Cultivate and maintain employer and alumni relationships that benefit student career readiness. Connect with employers and alumni to cultivate experiential opportunities. Promote opportunities to students, faculty, parents, and campus partners.
- Manage up to three undergraduate Peer Advisors and/or Graduate Assistants with an interest in supporting students in creative majors and/or professions. Train, mentor, and guide student staff in developing content for workshops, webpages, and event management. Collaborate with student staff to host career panels, employer information sessions, and career readiness programs.
- Serve as an active contributor to the Division of Enrollment Management and Career and Professional Development, participating in campus-wide events and committees as requested.
- Contribute fully to the career services profession, representing the university through involvement in national and regional professional associations, and in strategic partnerships withLMUemployers, alumni, parents, and other external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum of 3 year's experience in higher education, career development, human resources, employer relations, or coaching students or clients. Desired experience managing programs and events; experience working with undergraduate, and/or graduate students; specialized knowledge of communication, media, fine & performing arts, and/or entertainment, television, and film industry or direct work experience in them, familiarity with career development theories and methods; and management or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of creative industries and opportunities for experiential learning.
- Knowledge of career development theories and methods.
- Exceptional writing and public presentation skills required.
- Enthusiastic team player with solid interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of the academic environment and experiential learning best practices.
- Ability to work with faculty, administration, employers, and alumni.
- Ability to adapt to change and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated computer competency and preferably knowledgeable of relevant systems.
Typically a Master's Degree (M.F.A., M.A., M.S., M.Ed., other) in education, fine & performing arts, cinematic arts, communication or related field. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
To Apply Visit:
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency