AIR CONDITIONING/REFRIGERATION MECHANIC (Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Mechanic)
Posting Number: VA803
Under general direction of the Manager, the Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Mechanic is responsible for the full range of service, maintenance and repair on complex refrigeration, all associated HVAC systems, and mechanical equipment for University Housing and Food Service. This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of refrigeration systems, air conditioning systems, and related components, as well as all safety codes and regulations related to the installation and operation of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
These abilities normally would be acquired through progressively responsible experience in the installation, adjustment, maintenance and repair of commercial and domestic refrigeration and air conditioning systems involving modulatory and safety controls, thermostats, humidifiers and duct stats as well as one year of experience in the installation and repair of central multi-zone air conditioning systems.
Journey-level skill equivalent to that acquired through the completion of a refrigeration or air conditioning mechanics apprenticeship program is required.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Current certification as an EPA Universal Technician must be maintained throughout employment in this position, for the use and disposal of compressed refrigerants.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. This is considered a sensitive position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted.
- The selected candidate must pass a post-offer pre-employment physical examination and vision tests including distance vision, color blindness, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- A valid California Drivers License must be maintained throughout employment in this position, as well as successful completion and continued compliance with CSU Defensive Driving Course.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer and frequently moving about inside the office and traveling across campus to other buildings. Position requires the need to regularly position self to install, repair, remodel, troubleshoot and maintain all types of refrigeration systems and HVAC systems utilized by UHFS and may include ascending and descending ladders, climbing stairs, kneeling, bending, stooping, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching and hand grasping, including fine manipulation. Work may be performed in confined spaces and above ceilings. Good balance, agility, ability to distinguish color, and occasional lifting up to 50lbs is also required.
Within compliance of state and federal safety laws and regulations, this position may work in inclement weather; work areas may be dusty, noisy and include moving mechanical equipment, such as fans, motors, refrigeration and HVAC systems, grinders, wire wheels, electrical meters, drills, personal computer and truck or electric vehicle. Will respond to callbacks as noted in the CBU for Unit 6 employees and may work early or late hours for operational need.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency