Nursing Assistant Faculty - Unlimited Full-time
Bemidji State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Unlimited Full-Time
Job Number: 2019-00031
Location: Bemidji, MN
Department: Northwest Technical College
- Education Requirement
- Diploma or Associate degree with a major in nursing
- Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience of direct patient care as a registered nurse, one year must be in long term care.
- Recency Requirement
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Professional Requirement
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- course construction (credit course)*
- teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
- student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
- philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
- Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
- * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
- ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- Teaching experience as Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide instructor
- Teaching experience in the clinical setting and traditional classroom
- Train the Trainer certificate
- Train the Tester certificate
- Professional communication skills
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience with industry partners and program expansion
- Experience with diverse cultures and populations
- Experience with simulation education
- Experience with D2L BrightSpace
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty. https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/813050_eb1d821558424310805e6f37046927a1.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MinnState) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MinnState's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- NTC is a tobacco free workplace.
- Cover letter, which addresses the required qualifications and your specific interest in working at Northwest Technical College.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contact information for three (3) people who can provide a professional reference.
- Unofficial transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
*** RE-POSTING ***
This newly updated position is for a full-time instructor to teach the Nursing Assistant course. The hiring assignment is based on an alternate calendar, extending each year from July 1 - June 30 at Northwest Technical College. Courses are offered day, evening and/or possibly weekends. Courses are offered based on community and employer-based need and partnership. The Nursing Assistant course is the primary responsibility of this instructor. Based on credit and course need, other health-related courses may be considered. Credentials and teaching experience will aid in the determinant of potentially teaching for other health-related courses.
Must be able to clear a Minnesota State DHS and National Background study.
Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of and experience in course content, Department of Health regulations for this course, and assessment of student learning outcomes. Candidate must be willing and able to participate/coordinate the Nursing Assistant Test Out and participate in the nursing department and college initiatives. Candidate will be expected to engage in student advising, contribute to activities across disciplines and recruitment of health programs, and join in college wide committees. Candidate must maintain ongoing professional development. Candidate must complete the Minnesota State Train the Trainer course and be willing to become a Certified Minnesota State Registry Tester.
An adjunct / temporary part-time (TPT) position may also be available - for details contact Michele Brielmaier, Dean of Nursing and Human Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT NORTHWEST TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Great things are happening at Northwest Technical College where student success is the priority! Bemidji is a vibrant, urban community located in northwest Minnesota. It is the first city on the Mississippi, the best Minnesota town (2018) and the birthplace of Paul Bunyan. Bemidji's growth in the past decade has been celebrated in academics, industry, employment and tourism.
You are invited to join the Nursing Department team and community with flexible employment opportunities. The teaching hours may vary between day and evening, and instruction will be delivered in the classroom, lab and clinical. The teaching environment will be autonomous within the courses taught, collaborative with supporting general education instructors and the Distance Minnesota team, and innovation since growth and recruitment are priorities.
Apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji
A complete application will include the following attachments:
Position Related Inquiries:
Michele Brielmaier, Dean of Nursing and Human Services
Northwest Technical College
An adjunct / temporary part-time (TPT) position may also be available - for details contact Michele Brielmaier.
Application Related Inquiries:
Teresa Hanson, Human Resources Staffing Specialist
Northwest Technical College is in Bemidji Minnesota in Northern Minnesota. The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and serves as a regional center for education, commerce, recreation, health care, and the arts. Bemidji State University, a partner institution, and Northwest Technical College welcome 6,000 students annually. Northwest Tech offers hands on learning in Business, Health Care, Manufacturing, Transportation, and General Education. As a partner in Distance Minnesota, the College is engaged in innovative distance education with most its programs offered online in addition to on campus. Northwest Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnState) http://www.mnscu.edu. To learn more about the student-centered environment at Northwest Technical College, visit: www.ntcmn.edu.
In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens. While the city of Bemidji -- named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) -- is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations - Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students have an opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Northwest Technical College is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area -- just 12 miles north of town -- offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0
Northwest Technical College is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji/jobs/2562590/nursing-assistant-faculty-unlimited-full-time
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency