Student Account and University Cashier
Job No: 505562
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Finance/Accounting, Probationary, Full Time
Student Account and University Cashier
(Accounting Technician II)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,282 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $3,282 - $5,449 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Controller and is a member of Accounting Services. Accounting Services is under the Division of Administrative Services which reports to the Vice President of Administration.
Incumbents in this classification have the training and experience required to independently perform most of the skilled work of the Accounting Technician Series. This is the journey-level of this series. Positions of this classification require a thorough knowledge and understanding of financial record-keeping methods and practices. The Accounting Technician II performs diverse duties involving a wide range of procedures.
Incumbents are required to use initiative and judgment in analyzing information and determining a course of action within the specifications of standard practice and established guidelines. Work is usually performed without direct verification or check. Incumbents communicate established university policies and procedures to faculty, staff and the general public, obtaining clarification from others when more extensive interpretation is required; review data for accuracy and completeness and make correcting entries; maintain accounting of student financial records; receive and disburse monies; prepare billings and past due notices; place holds, assess late fees, and post information to journals, registers, and ledgers; analyze and record transactions for write-off; assemble and compile data used in the generation of financial reports and/or analysis; balance and reconcile assigned accounts; create and maintain spreadsheets, including entering, revising, sorting, calculating and creating tables; modify, run and export queries; review and recommend content updates to web pages; assist with the modification and documentation of established procedures based on precedent and university policies; enter codes and data into the computer and review computer reports for accuracy; and participate in the testing of financial software for upgrades and implementations as related to the position including such activities as testing transaction/data entry and data output.
- General working knowledge of financial record-keeping, mathematical and general office methods, procedures, and practices; and basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to:
- Ability to review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards; compute and post numbers rapidly and accurately; maintain files and records; identify, trace, and correct errors; follow directions; interpret and apply written rules and regulations; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; exercise tact, courtesy, alertness, and good judgment in responding to others; use current computer word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems, such as student accounting, cashiering and student financial aid; and read and write English at a level appropriate to the position.
- In addition, must be able to apply accounting procedures and practices to the analysis of basic accounting problems; analyze and interpret accounting data; apply problem solving techniques in finding solutions to basic accounting problems; understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; work independently; and make sound decisions and recommendations regarding accounting activities.
- Demonstrated history of regular attendance and positive performance reviews
- Demonstrated initiative in assessing business needs and suggested process improvements
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to three years of progressively responsible financial record-keeping experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience, which has provided the above knowledge and abilities.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by January 30, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resume/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno has partnered with Another Source Recruiting and Staffing Firm to assist with our search. Prospective candidates may also click the link below for additional information.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/505562/student-account-and-university-cashier
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e72ee6029ac89741891bf90ddf1e49d6