Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Senior University Budget Financial Analyst in Budget Services.
The Senior University Budget Financial Analyst is responsible for a broad and deep range of financial activities supporting the centralized fiscal and business management functions. The position also develops research, reporting, and analytics; controls the program operations; directs daily audit activities; provides fiscal and administrative oversight of University budget requests; controls and oversees the department's records management; and is the centralized point of contact for College and Department Budget staff. This position performs as the central planning point of contact for university business units for budget research, reporting, and analytics, as well as University personnel and resource allocation management. The position has a substantial fiscal responsibility to prepare, perform, and analyze fiscal and narrative reports for university budgets, allotments, and legislative requests.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, accounting, economic, statistics or closely related field.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in budgets, management, payroll or program analysis.
- Experience presenting information and ideas clearly and effectively in writing, verbally, and graphically.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Proficiency in Excel for extensive financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, and/or diversity.
- Master's degree in one of the following: economics, statistics, finance, accounting, public administration, or business administration.
- Experience with data visualization and/or data analytics software.
- Demonstrate and foster a culture of ethical leadership, a commitment to diversity, and encourage a supportive team-oriented work environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner HR/Payroll module or similar ERP system.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency