Special Education Fieldwork Supervisor
University of San Francisco
Job Title:Special Education Fieldwork Supervisor
Job Summary:The Education Specialist Mild/Moderate Disabilities Credential Program in the Learning and Instruction Department at the University of San Francisco was developed to address the shortage of credentialed special education teachers in Bay Area urban schools. This two-year program is designed to prepare special education teachers to serve and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse K-12 students in special day class, resource, and inclusive settings. The Fieldwork Supervisor provides both assistance to and evaluation of the special education credential candidate; assisting in the candidate's development and observing the candidate's teaching performance in the classroom. He or she must visit first year candidates five times in the Fall semester and three times for all other semesters. This is a part time position.All qualified applicants are invited to apply, with special interest in applicants located near the Sacramento and Fairfield area.
Full Job Description:
- Initiate contact with candidate to establish communications
- Observe and evaluate candidate during classroom visits (Approximately 1 - 1 hours per visit)
- Completes observation/conference records, providing immediate, constructive comments and suggestions to the candidate
- Supervision contacts may also include the following activities: Co-teaching, conference on candidate identified topic, IEP preparation and conferences, instructional demonstrations and modeling using research-based instructional practices
- Assess candidate in formal evaluation with school site administrator at, or near, the end of each semester
- Fieldwork Supervisors will contact candidates between formal observation visits to monitor and solicit information about the fieldwork placement and provide additional support when needed
Minimum Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Hold clear CA Mild/Moderate credential or equivalent with CLAD/ EL and ASD Authorizations
- Minimum of 3 years relevant K - 12 Special Education teaching experience, preferably in urban setting
- Successful experience coaching/mentoring beginning teachers
- Knowledgeable about the field of special education using research based instructional practices
- Able to provide timely, helpful and appropriate feedback to candidates based on the state required Teacher Performance Expectations
- Has knowledge of common core standards and new educational advances
- Fair, flexible, a good listener and skilled in interpersonal relations
- Able to access and utilize technology (e.g. email, dropbox, training videos)
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Travels to candidate's school site, no office space required
To Apply: Please submit (a) cover letter stating qualifications and interest; (b) resume; (c) proof of credential(s) and; (d) two recommendation letters to Aisha Ortega, SPED Program & Fieldwork Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Aisha Ortega at (415) 422-5622 or by email with any questions regarding this position.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/Special-Education-Fieldwork-Supervisor_R0001565.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency