Skilled Maintenance Worker (Reg FT)
Position Title: Skilled Maintenance Worker (Reg FT)
Department: Physical Plant Admin
Campus: Boyce Campus
Performance Evaluation: The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: SEIU E - $18.38
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 0568
Job Open Date: 2/8/2019
Job Close Date: 2/22/2019
General Summary: Performs semiskilled maintenance and repair duties for a campus
A. Education and Experience: Requires vocational school training in gardening, cement/ asphalt, furniture repair or vehicle preventive maintenance.
B. Certifications/Licensures: Pennsylvania driver's license. For gardening positions, must be licensed in spraying insecticides.
C. Skill Requirements: Knowledgeable of general maintenance and repair operations.
D. Physical Requirements: Involves daily exposure to dirt, grease and electrical wires in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequently requires physical exertion to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to move, lift, carry and push heavy objects.
1. Perform one or more of the following semiskilled maintenance duties: a) Cut grass, prune/plant trees and shrubs, and spray insecticide. b) Asphalt driveways, cement walkways, repair fences, remove snow, and pick up trash. c) Repair metal/wood furniture, replace/straighten parts, refinish wood, mend vinyl or upholstery material, and replace hinges, locks, and other parts. d) Perform vehicle preventive maintenance, tune up engines, change oil, flush radiator, replace exhaust systems, change tires, make minor body repairs, and remove dents and scratches.
2. Assist in performing carpentry, painting, heating, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, piping, and air conditioning repairs, installations, and overhauls.
3. Perform preventive maintenance, oil, lubricate, and make minor repairs on mechanical equipment.
4. Operate campus vehicles including tractors, mowers, and trucks.
5. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=368&site=3
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency