Senior Talent and Human Resources Partner
Talent & Human Resources
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This is a unique opportunity to join Worcester Polytechnics Institute's highly motivated team of talented and experienced HR professionals in a strategic and operational capacity. As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will work in partnership with the senior leaders, key stakeholders and HR colleagues to shape, develop and deliver critical initiatives, services and strategies in line with the needs and priorities of the organization. You will operate as an academic and administrative HR expert providing high-level people management support and development in an inclusive and student-centered environment.
The Senior Talent and Human Resources Partner will provide counsel to leaders in a complex and challenging environment across the full range of employee matters. This role will report to the Director of Talent and Human Resources and manage payroll operations.
The most qualified candidates will be conversant in the most up to date best practices in employee relations, organizational development, performance management, recruitment, retention, staff development for employees, supervisors and faculty, workforce planning, benefits and compensation.
- Coach and consult with leadership in leveraging performance by creating and recommending strategic employee-focused programs.
- Support the administration of the institutions total rewards functions and programs.
- Develop, implement, and advise leadership on new and ongoing programs and initiatives in order to maintain a sound employee relations program.
- Maintain positive employee relations through employee activities, employee recognition programs, career development, and/or communication forums.
- Work with divisional and university leadership, and/or Office of General Counsel to resolve conflicts and provide counseling, mediation, support and advice to leadership and in appropriate resolution of employee relations matters.
- Identify barriers to organizational success to drive and support appropriate change.
- May serve as initial point of contact for employee concerns and as the university HR representative with external agencies regarding employee related activities initiating complaints, such as EEOC, Title IX, human rights, unemployment, department of labor, etc.
- Coach managers and supervisors on fostering a positive work environment for the WPI community.
- Provides project management leadership for assigned initiatives from point of concept development through project completion.
- Supervise payroll operations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related fields is required. Degree requirements may be substituted for an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Must have at least eight (8) years of progressive HR experience demonstrating senior level competencies in HR expertise, consultation, business acumen, global & cultural effectiveness, critical evaluation, leadership & navigation, communication, relationship management, and ethical practice.
- SHRM- SCP, SPHR, or similar certification is desired.
- An advanced degree and experience working with faculty, research staff in a higher education setting are preferred.
- Title IX experience is preferred.
- Sound understanding of all aspects of human resources and talent management and must possess the willingness and ability to be innovative in their approach. Demonstrated ability to advance organizational change and development.
- Proven skills in building and maintaining effective work relationships with the ability to counsel and advise a broad array of constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing small teams.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Must have a proven record of taking initiative and being proactive.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, customer service, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and sophisticated reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters with tact and discretion.
- Proven ability to work in a team context and to set priorities, manage competing demands and to provide timely response to urgent issues.
- Ability to sustain ethical and respectful workplace practices.
- Proven ability to work in a business partner context and to set priorities, manage competing demands and to provide timely response to urgent issues.
- Solid experience with human capital management technology (Workday), Learning Management Systems, standard desktop productivity tools, including word processing programs, database management systems, presentations and spreadsheets.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Senior-Talent-and-Human-Resources-Partner_R0000573
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency