This ad is expired.
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
The Senior Employment Assistant, reporting to the Director of Employment, is responsible for coordinating and managing the logistical components for all Human Resources/Employment operations, initiatives, and processes, and oversees the initial triage of inquiries from internal and external customers on the following topics;
* Recruitment, Reference checks, Adverting, Website Postings
* HRIT/ PeopleSoft eRecruit system
* On Boarding and Orientation logistics
* Compliance of Protection of Minors (POM)
* CORI/SORI Background Checks
* Recordkeeping and Compliance/Maintenance of Personnel Records in Nolij
Specific duties include:
* Involved in full-cycle staff recruitment, sourcing potential candidates to diversify applicant pool, prescreening qualified candidates, conducting references and CORI background check investigations, while overseeing reconciliation of related expenses
* Oversight of job advertisements on 30 websites dealing with OID compliance, niche recruiting sites including LinkedIn, Indeed, as well as overseeing and managing the candidate experience of over 15,000 applicants per year.
* Ensure compliance with Protection of Minors (POM) authorized participation of BC Athletic & University sponsored program participants, monitoring and auditing successful completion of necessary forms and training in accordance with University's Protection of Minors Policy and BC Audit guidelines for over 800 volunteers in 35 programs.
* Assist the Director and HR Officers with projects, job fairs (Brighton Community, diversity and veteran recruiting, sports administration and intern job fairs), employment related events/collaborations, scheduling, and other administrative requests (i.e. processing hires, generating offer letters, revising/editing and designing Employment communications such as event/recruitment flyers )
* Leverage technology skills to assist the department in determining HRIT systems requirements and upgrades; manage and maintain BC's social media presence; assist and provide technical assistance in the attainment of department goals and objectives with regard to POM database administration, PeopleSoft reporting, Excel data analysis, Time-to-fill reporting, production of graphs/tables for yearly Employment work load; design of print and online recruiting ads for Athletics Intern, Dining and Community job fair flyers.
* Gather and conduct data analysis for preparation of memos, HR correspondence, presentations, and reports utilizing POM database administration and PeopleSoft reporting to produce Excel data analysis, Time-to-fill reporting, and graphs/tables of Employment work load to include metrics on HR Annual Report
* Attend weekly Employment staff meetings, establishing agendas, preparing minutes, documenting and monitoring the completion of follow-up actions, and producing analytics/reports for presentation to HR management.
* Serves wider BC Community, especially internal applicants, managers, employees with various queries including: employee relations, routine benefits, University policies, and application process for applicants, technical difficulties with recruiting solutions, managing the hire process, and job status.
* Student Employees (approximately 5-7 each semester): Trains, supervises and delegates responsibilities to students. Assists them in learning to be professional contributors in a workplace. Ensures they balance work and study.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $44,100 to $55,150; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
* Minimum 3 years of administrative support experience in a fast paced environment required, ideally in an Employment Office in a Higher Ed
* Well organized and detail-oriented
* Manages deadlines effectively
* Excellent communication skills-both oral and written
* Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
* Possess adaptability, flexibility, and strong judgment skills
* Ability to work collaboratively and independently
* Advance/Intermediate Excel Skills Required
* Google Docs is required
* Advance Web Use/Linked In/Indeed/Survey Monkey Skills are required
* Advance/Intermediate MS Word & PowerPoint Skills Required
* PeopleSoft eRecruit or other Applicant Tracking Systems
* Scanner, E-Copy , Nolij
* Supervisory/Training experience of administrative office/web procedures
* Bilingual Spanish or French-Creole is a plus
* Bachelor's degree preferred with a strong interest in HR/operations strongly desired
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts background checks including education, and verifies COVID-19 vaccination as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=5244&site=1
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency