Position Title: Secretary (Reg FT)
Department: Community Education
Campus: West Hills Center
Additional Information: Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Thursday; 11:00 am - 7:00 pm Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Saturdays as needed to meet the need of the department
Salary Grade: SEIU D - $17.86
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 0366
Job Open Date: 4/6/2018
Job Close Date: 4/20/2018
General Summary: Performs a variety of general secretarial duties for a major campus function, department or division, which may include preparation of correspondence and reports, screening telephone calls and visitors, filing, and scheduling.
Job Specifications: Must be able to accurately perform clerical duties, provide and record information through written an oral communication and understand and carry out directions. Failure to meet deadlines could result in delay.
Education and Experience: High school education or equivalent plus one year of relevant experience gained from working in an office environment.
Skill Requirements: Must be able to type 50 WPM and operate various office equipment, including a personal computer and appropriate software packages or equivalent, faxes, copiers and switchboard as needed. Requires proficiency in College supported software. Should possess good communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Should be able to tactfully and courteously answer questions and provide information.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other materials.
- Screens phone calls; receives and directs visitors; receives, sorts and delivers mail; receives and responds to student requests.
- Maintains files, records, logs and reports.
- Performs various scheduling activities for supervisors and staff; schedules, coordinates and proctors student evaluations and tests as needed.
- Maintains and orders supplies.
- Computes and processes payroll for assigned faculty and staff; handles the receipt of disbursement of cash during registration and for petty cash purposes as necessary.
- Prepares bulk mailings and participates in clerical activities for various college events.
- Assists with training temporary or part-time employees and may assign their work.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Secondary Duties (If applicable): May be required to take and transcribe oral dictation. May require shorthand skills of 70 WPM.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=161
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency