This ad is expired.
Project Associate Manager
Job Opening ID: 179595
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Acad & Fac Affairs
Department: ADVANCE Program
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/13/2020 1/24/2020
Salary: $50,000.00 $60,000.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Administration
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references. (Please Note: The cover letter must be included as a page of your resume when it is submitted in the UM Jobs system.)
The ADVANCE Program is seeking a full-time Project Associate Manager to be a part of the programming team. This is a 40-hour per week position. The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 full-time rate depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
This position provides high-level support to the ADVANCE Program at the University of Michigan (advance.umich.edu). The ADVANCE Program aims to improve the University of Michigan's campus environment for faculty in four general areas: (1) Recruitment - focused on development and use of equitable recruiting practices; (2) Retention - focused on preemptive strategies to prevent the loss of valued faculty; (3) Climate - focused on improvement of departmental climate; (4) Leadership - focused on support for development of leadership skills and opportunities as well as on support for development of skills among all academic leaders to encourage supportive climates. Collaborative units for this program include the College of Engineering, the College of Literature, Science and the Arts, the Medical School, and other University units.
Under supervision of the program's Director and Associate Directors, this position will work, in collaboration with the ADVANCE Program's other staff, to develop, support, and implement faculty programming and administrative efforts.
Cross-campus Committees (50%)
- Provide primary staff support for a new, highly visible, cross-campus, climate-focused faculty committee
- Collaborate with the ADVANCE Director and Associate Director to set the agenda for Respect in Striving for Excellence (RISE)'s bi-weekly meetings. This includes developing a schedule for the committee's yearly activities, and collaborating with the Director and Associate Director to guarantee a timely and successful completion of those activities.
- Lead staff support during the bi-weekly meetings. This includes assigning individual staff responsibilities as follow-up from those meetings.
- Contribute to the development and revision of the campus-wide presentation materials (including handouts, PowerPoint presentations).
- Develop resources for a RISE page to be hosted on the ADVANCE website.
- Collaborate with the ADVANCE Director, Associate Director, and RISE committee members to identify, develop and strategize about resources and potential campus events.
- Attend the cross-campus workshops in order to record and strategize future needs and directions for the RISE Committee.
- Provide staff support for highly visible, cross-campus STRIDE Committee
- Collaborate with ADVANCE staff in support of this dynamic faculty committee.
- Contribute to the data maintenance. This will include communication with ADVANCE and campus leadership regarding the campus-wide workshops.
Dissemination/Promotion of ADVANCE Program (30%)
- Develop dissemination and promotional tools.
- Collaborate with ADVANCE leadership, staff, and faculty partners to develop content for the ADVANCE website.
Program-related Tasks (20%)
- Provide back-up staff support, along with other program staff, to the ADVANCE Program's faculty programming offerings.
- Provide back-up staff support, along with other program staff, to the ADVANCE Program's administrative committees.
- Collaborate with ADVANCE staff on scheduling various cross-campus committees and faculty programs.
- Develop project budgets; track expenditures and monitor available project funds using reports provided by the unit's financial staff.
- Provide support to the Director and Associate Directors for the college/school-based advisory boards, including contributing to the development of agendas and supporting materials.
- Contribute to and coordinate agenda and material development for large committee meetings.
- Master's degree in a social science, science, or higher education discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in providing complex project and administrative support.
- Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage work with competing deadlines is essential. This person should be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to collaborate with members of the ADVANCE team.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative relationships between various schools and colleges on campus to successfully accomplish objectives.
- Experience and research interest in the area of equity in the workplace.
- Experience and/or knowledge of one of the key schools/colleges with which ADVANCE closely collaborates (LSA, Engineering, Medical School).
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures is desired, as well as familiarity with the UM ADVANCE Program and its objectives.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
Physical requirements: Ability to move up to 15 lbs and transport items across campus on occasion.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/179595/project_associate_manager
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency