- Program Coordinator - Part-time Hybrid MSW Program - Social Work
- Go to our website »
Program Coordinator - Part-time Hybrid MSW Program - Social Work
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University, a regional, comprehensive public university with an enrollment of over 10,000 students, is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington, each governed by its own board of trustees. EWUs 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 12,000 residents 16 miles southwest of Washingtons second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the innovative, energy-efficient Catalyst building. In addition, EWU programs can be found at select locations throughout the state, aligned with the needs of the community. Eastern contributes to the vitality of the region and the state through its wide array of bachelors and masters degrees in over 100 fields of study, as well as applied doctorates in physical therapy and educational leadership, offering accessible pathways to career success and personal development to students of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Tribal Land Acknowledgement
Eastern Washington University resides within the traditional homelands of the Spokane People and other tribes who are connected through their shared history of this region. This land holds their cultural DNA and it is their Ancestors who are here and bring forth the knowledge of this place-the knowledge that comes from the land.
Eastern Washington University is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator for our School of Social Work in the College of Professional Programs. This position is responsible for coordinating operations related to our Spokane part-time Master of Social Work (MSW) Program based on our Spokane campus at the beautiful Catalyst Building. This position will:
- Provide student services support,
- Coordinate special projects,
- Conduct training
- Provide technical, administrative, and other programmatic support. Position will also provide support to the program Director. Some weekend hours will be required when students are attending class on campus.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced program coordinator seeking to balance work/life demands, and who can plan around a variable work schedule. The work schedule for the position may be viewed here:https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/2509/docs/116577.docx
- After training and demonstration of mastery of position essential functions, the position will exercise independent judgment and discretion relating to students and interpreting and applying program policies, guidelines, contracts, and procedures.
- Position will independently advise students, staff and the public regarding the program and the University, and act as liaison to local organizations.
- Position will also provide needed support and/or information to the School of Social Work and the Social Work Fieldwork Office.
- In the course of performing the position's duties, this position will have extensive involvement with students, staff and the public in carrying out program activities, and will coordinate, schedule and monitor program activities to determine consistency with program goals.
On top of salary, the university offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 13 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses. For additional information regarding insurance benefits please see our Benefits page: https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/benefits/insurance/.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years of full time work experience in the program specialty, Social Work, or social welfare setting or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to (note: applicants may be tested as part of the interview process):
- MS Word - perform complex word processing tasks.
- MS Excel - use spreadsheets to develop and maintain records.
- Database Management (one drive/google drive) - maintain complex databases, including sorting/importing/exporting files and creating reports.
- Email - Ability to send messages to multiple recipients, make contact lists, send attachments.
- Internet - Ability to search and retrieve information from the internet efficiently.
- Familiarity with video conferencing platforms
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills; successful experience serving as a program liaison with multiple internal and external entities would be one example of experience which would demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills including the ability to perceive needs and appropriate respond to highly diverse constituencies (students, faculty, state agencies, private practitioners, vendors, campus constituencies, administrators, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills demonstrated by work experience prioritizing within a complex work environment including overlapping job requirements, multiple deadlines, projects of varying complexity and duration, and meeting the needs of multiple individuals.
- Experience using standard office equipment including computer, print, fax, copiers, scanners, multi-line telephone systems and messaging systems.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Two or more years college coursework
- Two or more years work experience in a higher education environment involving student support services.
- One-year experience with Banner, EagleNet, Canvas or similar educational software programs.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused and make progress on long-term projects despite frequent interruptions by individuals and short-term program needs.
% of Time: 30
Responsibility / Duty: Program Coordination Activities
- Coordinate, schedule and monitor program activities to determine consistency with program goals.
- Create and maintain program related electronic documents, databases and hard copy filing systems.
- Compose correspondence and printed materials related to the program; edit materials for accuracy, appearance, readability and style.
- Compile and distribute information relative to the program (i.e., admissions information; student registration information; financial aid and tuition payment information; field placement; etc.).
- Work with the program director to coordinate, schedule and monitor student orientations, feedback sessions, and technology training as needed. Provide meeting support, record meeting attendance and distribute minutes if requested.
- Coordinate with School of Social Work support staff.
- Coordinate with program faculty and faculty field instructors to provide orientation to the Spokane part-time program, technology support for class sessions, and class support as needed.
- Coordinate with the Program Director to provide program related support (Degree Works, IPT support, IPT reports, class and seminar rosters, syllabi, copies, guest speakers, etc.).
- Use EagleNet and Canvas to assist director, FFIs, staff and students; update Canvas for program site on a regular basis; assist students and faculty with EagleNet and Canvas.
- Provide information as requested to School of Social Work administrators, College of Professional Programs, and Eastern Washington University.
- Communicate changes in procedures, schedules and student enrollment to the Program Director. Communicate all problems and concerns to the Program Director for appropriate action.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
% of Time: 35
Responsibility / Duty: Program Participant Contact: Student Services
- Organize and attend information sessions for prospective students;
- Provide support for School of Social work in the application system;
- Advise new admits of the Spokane part-time program regarding enrollment, schedule, submitting final transcripts, etc.
- Maintain and update student contact information in databases and on IPT. Inform School of Social Work and Field Office of any changes.
- Maintain regular communications with students and assist with EWU policies and procedures, including but not limited to: registration, student record changes, financial aid and grade information, program requirements, practicum information, deadlines, meetings, and other program components.
- Coordinate information sessions, new student orientation, alumni meetings, student organization events, appreciation events and commencement.
- Coordinate arrangements (room scheduling, purchasing, etc.) for School of Social Work and Program events held at the Spokane location.
- Track student progress throughout the program and provide quarterly reports to Program Director, MSW Program Director and Faculty Field Instructors.
- Coordinate and organize student practicum data in IPT database information; workplace agreements; learning contracts; learning contract evaluations; practicum hours). Provide update on student hours to Program Director on a consistent basis.
- Provide IPT support to Director, Faculty Field Instructors, and students.
- Coordinate and distribute state job openings for student hire.
- Assist students with application for graduation.
- Develop and maintain School of Social Work alumni database.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
% of Time: 20
Responsibility / Duty: Program Related Public & Organizational Contact
- Serve as primary contact with students, faculty, faculty field instructors and external agencies regarding program policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with EWU offices for information and processing of paperwork.
- Advise students, staff and the public regarding the program and the University; represent the program at public and department functions; coordinate with EWU departments.
- Act as liaison with Faculty Field Instructors for student practicum.
- Coordinate program information with EWU departments.
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials for recruitment purposes; create reports from admissions database for Program Director and School of Social Work Director.
- Act as School of Social Work liaison for Spokane location
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
% of Time: 15
Responsibility / Duty: Other Duties
- Perform office support functions: order and receive office supplies; book orders (including desk copies); inventory equipment; screen, prioritize and distribute incoming mail; answer, screen and direct telephone calls; compose and edit correspondence including confidential and sensitive information.
- Coordinate Spokane Catalyst event coordination.
- Coordinate with faculty and reserve classroom, AV/technology and seminar rooms for program and practicum seminars each quarter.
- Coaching/supporting students and staff on EagleNET, Canvas, IPT, software use.
- Assist staff with needs related to meeting online computer requirements, networking, computer accounts and troubleshooting routine hardware and software issues.
- Assist students in person on weekends when classes are scheduled on the Spokane location, by phone, video conferencing, and via email with use of Canvas course sites. When needed, connect students with additional technical support.
- Troubleshoot routine problems with workstations and train others on software use.
- Canvas- Ability to upload files and manage Canvas site for program.
- EagleNET - Ability to navigate various screens to gather information.
- IPT - Intern Placement Tracking System - ability to create and export reports, add information for agencies and; troubleshoot problems on IPT for director, FFIs, and students.
- Serve as a TA for practicum prep
- Zoom - Ability to operate Zoom for program meetings.
- Assist others with computer problems - email, internet, word processing and other basic hardware and software issues as requested.
- Overall knowledge - intermediate skills with the ability to troubleshoot own workstation.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
Conditions of Employment:
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- All new employees must comply with EWU immunization Policy 602-02 and provide proof of immunity or vaccination to MMR and proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning work at EWU. Waivers for the immunization requirements are available for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Exemption Information link: https://inside.ewu.edu/rcp/risk-management/covid19-protocols/
- Upon hire employees will complete our required Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI), Hazing, Harassment and Title IX training. Online training can be accessed at https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/orientation/ or complete the training in person or via Zoom. In person and Zoom training opportunities will be posted on InsideEWU and are listed on our Human Resources site: https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/
- If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Kenlyn Mackey at email@example.com.
Salary Information: $37,920 - $50,376/yr. DOE/DOQ
Posting Date: 03/16/2023
Open Until Further Notice: Yes
Screening to Begin: 03/31/2023
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/10327
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency