Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Joshua Hartshorne Lab: This position Involves prototyping a new cognitive architecture for artificial intelligence. Work will include designing and implementing computational models, writing manuscripts, and presenting results at conferences.
* The appointment is temporary, typically up to 3 years.
* The appointment involves substantial full-time research or scholarship and may include teaching.
* The appointment is typically viewed as preparatory for a full-time academic and/or research career (e.g Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, depending on successful performance as a PostDoc & available funding).
* The appointment is not for a clinical training program.
* The appointee works under the supervision of a senior faculty member.
* The appointee has the freedom and is expected, to publish the results of his or her research or scholarship during the period of the appointment and/or to have publications in press or under review during this period.
Degree Requirement: Appointee recently awarded a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., Sc.D., M.D.) in an appropriate field
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=4630&site=1
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency