Patient Services Intermediate
Job Opening ID: 176173
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Electrophysio Technical
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/13/2019 8/27/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Healthcare Admin & Support
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is currently seeking a Patient Services Intermediate to perform general clerical duties for patients followed by the Cardiovascular Medicine Arrhythmia Clinic.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
1. Provide prompt, courteous and appropriate phone triage for patients.
2. Provide complex clerical support services for the department clinical staff including obtaining medical records from multiple healthcare providers and outside vendor services.
3. Schedule appointments with multiple providers/disciplines and diagnostic areas.
4. Using different database, registry and flow sheets for the different programs to include the completion of the billing/charge capture process.
5. Data entry and appropriate distribution of patient results.
6. Preparation and distribution of patient education materials and other general office functions.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Up to 20 hours. Days, Monday through Friday. Hours can vary: 8:00-4:30p.m., 8:00-5:00p.m., or 8:30-5:00 p.m
UMH CVC Cardiac Procedures Unit
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/176173/patient_services_intermediate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency