The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program at BHCC intended to increase the retention and graduation rates of first-generation and low-income students as well as individuals with disabilities who are enrolled in the program. Reporting to the Director of the TRIO Student Success Program in the Division of Academic Support & College Pathway Programs, the PT TRIO Success Coach is responsible for participation in the development of and delivering culturally responsive services and programming. Using an equity-based student-centered philosophy, the PT TRIO Success Coach will implement an array of holistic academic support services to facilitate strong retention and graduation rates of program participants.
- Provide individualized and strengths-based coaching to an assigned caseload of students. Initiate proactive, consistent contact with TRIO students (in person, postal mail, phone, email, text, social media etc.), build rapport with students, serve as the assigned students' designated student success coach over the course of their academic timespan at the college
- Act as liaison and TRIO SSS advocate by working with various campus departments and identifying and recommending appropriate services designed to address student needs
- Maintain accurate, organized, and detailed case management processes and procedures including assessments, note taking and student records; develop and maintain reports as assigned; and maintain appropriate filing and documentation per FERPA and TRIO guidelines.
- Initiate, design, develop, and execute student focused initiatives and/or workshops to enhance educational equity and inclusive excellence related to student success, retention, persistence, academic achievement, career exploration and graduation rates.
- Assist students with transfer process including and not limited to college visits/tours
- Assist the TRIO SSS Director with data retrieval for the Annual Performance reports to meet U.S. Department of Education compliance and deadlines
- Maintain current knowledge and records of TRIO regulations and requirements applicable to TRIO SSS office
- Assist with all aspects of program review and student retention efforts such as surveys, focus groups, orientation sessions, intervention groups
- Demonstrate proficiency in student information systems - Datatel, Student Access, Blumen, Zogotech and Microsoft databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the betterment of each program participant
- Act as liaison between TRIO SSS office and Registrar, Financial Aid, Admissions, and other campus departments regarding TRIO SSS academic services
- Ability to work occasional weekend/evening work
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in academic advising, career development, case management
- Experience working with first-generation college students, economically and academically disadvantaged students, as well as students with learning and physical disabilities
- Proven ability to work with diverse student, faculty and staff populations
- Community College Experience
- Experience working with adult learners
- TRIO program experience
Hours and Salary: 18.5/hr @ $32.00/hr
Review Date: open until filled
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency