POLICE COMMANDER (Administrator II) - UPDATED
Posting Number: VA1010
Under the administrative guidance of the Chief of Police, the Police Commander will perform administrative and technical work for the University Police Department (UPD), and participate in the overall management and supervision of UPD in the development of goals, priorities, objectives and procedures. In the absence of the Chief of Police the Police Commander assumes command of the UPD. The University Police Department is a fully sworn and POST certified police agency.
A Bachelor Degree in areas such as, criminology, criminal justice, police science, business administration, public administration, public relations, human resources, or a related field. Master Degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of five years sworn law enforcement experience.
- Minimum of two years experience as a supervisor and/or sergeant.
- Must meet all California POST minimum employment standards for a law enforcement officer; have and/or be qualified for a POST Supervisory Certificate.
- Must possess the ability to qualify for a POST Management Certificate within 2 years of employment.
- This position is a Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA) designated managerial position and comes under the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. Individuals appointed to management positions serve at the pleasure of the President or designee. They are excluded from the collective bargaining process, are not subject to probationary service, and do not receive tenure or permanent status. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- The person holding this position is considered a General Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
- This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Group/Category: Procurement Card Holder, Category 2) Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
- Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Drivers License as well as continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Drivers Training course.
- Will be expected to be on-call and may be required to work weekends and/or after normal business hours.
- Evidence of degree(s) or certificate(s) and/or license(s) required at time of hire.
- Serve as a member of the Emergency Operations Team.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to perform the duties of a police officer and to work in an office setting; walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; to operate and use specialized law enforcement tools and equipment including guns and handcuffs; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
May be required to wear protective equipment/police equipment as needed dependent upon situation: police uniform (as described in the University Police General Orders Manual) and duty belt with weapon.
Work is performed in a standard office setting, reactive emergency, natural or man-made disaster, and routine peace keeping environments with travel to various locations to attend meetings or respond to crime scenes, disasters or critical incidents; the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions; occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, the noise level is occasionally very loud due to sirens, firearm training, etc.; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends and may be required to travel. May be required to work on short notice.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency