Network Support Specialist
Posting Number: 0000883
PS Position#: 00000761
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: The starting salary range is $60,000 - $66,000 based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C43. Starting salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective technology support for computers and network applications, web based applications, and voice over IP services to all areas of the College.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the College through planning, end user training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the College's enterprise networks to provide high-speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative, and network facilities functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support of exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide recommendations for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast and reliable access to all information systems.
- Implement network security for the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network.
- Coordinate with the Help Desk and Computer Tech activities.
- Telecom administration; VoIP supervision and coordination.
- Asset management; recommend hardware, software licensing, and maintenance contracts.
- Oversee troubleshooting end user support systems backups, archiving, and disaster recover and provide escalated end user support.
- Work with project teams (faculty and staff) to help implement internal systems.
- Assume the Network Manager Other Responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA, and/or CCNP
- Two (2) years of experience in multi-protocol network environment administering
- Experience with Palo Alto (Firewall and Campus District Network Security)
- Experience in Print Server Management
- Experience managing and configuring Cisco switches and routers
- Experience in VoIP-Cisco Call Manager and Unity Voicemail
- Previous experience implementing and supporting numerous student and administrative network applications
- Experience managing and configuring network servers and storage (RAID, iSCSI)
- Experience in Virtulization using Hyper-V and VMware technologies
- Ability to use Azure & Amazon Cloud HA integration
- Extensive knowledge of Office365 administration
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager administration
- Must be able to lift, carry, and install servers and battery back-ups
- Must be availabe to be on-call in case of system issue or outages
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Experience working in a higher education setting
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5545
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency