Mathematics Instructor, part-time
College of the Desert (COD) is located in Palm Desert, California, the geographic center of the beautiful Coachella Valley. Nestled among the backdrop of the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto mountains in eastern Riverside County, the Coachella Valley is a resort community that offers over 100 golf courses and a wide array of outdoor activities such as tennis, hiking, horseback riding, hot air ballooning, polo, bicycling, rock climbing and swimming.
Founded in 1958, this two-year public college serves over 400,000 residents of eight local cities and the students of the Palm Springs, Desert Sands and Coachella Valley school districts. College of the Desert offers certificates and two-year Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees.
The College served over 15,000 students. COD is a federally recognized Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), with almost 70% of the student body identifying as Hispanic. The Coachella Valley community recently passed a $577 million bond measure, allowing for College of the Desert to improve its current facilities and expand its campus locations. These improvements and expansion will assist with College of the Desert's goals of providing an education to students inside and outside of the Coachella Valley.
Teach a variety of courses in the subject area.
Classes could be at the Palm Desert Campus or one of our sites in Indio, Mecca/Thermal, Desert Hot Springs, and/or Palm Springs. Classes may be scheduled during the day, evening or weekends.
Part-time faculty assignments are filled on an as needed basis utilizing this open and ongoing applicant pool. The number of available openings will vary from semester to semester. Candidates selected for the pool will be contacted by the division should a vacancy arise.
- Masters in mathematics or applied mathematics OR
bachelors in either of the above AND masters in statistics, physics, or mathematics education OR the equivalent.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Salary Range/Rate: Master Degree Lecture Rate - $58.15, Master Degree Lab Rate - $49.43, Doctorate Degree Lecture Rate - $61.20 , Doctorate Degree Lab Rate - $52.02
Salary Detail Information:
Posting Number: 18-543-F
Open Date: 07/26/0018
Close Date: 8/9/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
References must a minimum of 2 supervisors and 2 current or previous colleagues. Please include name, title, email and current phone numbers.
Applications missing any of the required documents listed will not be considered. The following documents are required at the time of application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts: Must be from an accredited institution, show name of institution, degree awarded, discipline, and date awarded. Diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of the required transcripts.
EQUIVALENCY REQUESTS & FOREIGN EQUIVALENCY EVALUATIONS:
- If you do not clearly meet the minimum qualifications as they are defined, you MUST submit an Equivalency Request form along with your application materials.
- Degrees earned outside of the U.S. require that a Foreign Equivalency Evaluation be uploaded IN ADDITION TO the foreign transcripts.
- Additional Equivalency Information is available by clicking here.
Additional Foreign Equivalency Information is available by clicking here.
To apply, visit: https://cod.peopleadmin.com/postings/2802
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency