Licensure & State Authorization Officer 495364
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 495364
Department: Higher Education Partnership
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The position of Licensure and State Authorization Officer supports Lamar University in establishing state authorization compliance for course activities offered outside of Texas. The position reports to the Vice Provost of Digital Learning and is charged with taking steps necessary to obtain and maintain authorization to operate in states and countries where Lamar has determined it will provide instruction. The Licensure and State Authorization Specialist must be a detail-oriented professional, with the ability to read, interpret and analyze state and federal regulations. The Specialist will have the ability to work independently on projects and must be able to produce accurate work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Essential Job Functions:
1. The position develops, initiates, and maintains all state authorization applications, reporting and continued compliance. Compiles information to prepare submissions of new and renewal state applications with accuracy and within strict deadlines; creates monitors and updates timelines for regulatory activities.
2. This position creates and maintains tools for tracking and reporting on regulatory changes, and keeps database accurately updated to reflect changes in state authorization status.
3. This position stays current with regulatory compliance at the state and federal levels and provides reports on a regular basis. Maintains a current working knowledge of the TEA State Board of Nursing and other licensing agency requirements.
4. Routinely research state and federal laws, rules, and regulations including professional licensure regulations, implement communication and appropriate strategies to assure compliance.
5. Identify pending compliance changes and conduct proactive and in time training to ensure policy/procedure compliance through planning cycles.
6. Work with faculty and ensure that academic programs leading to professional certification or licensure maintain the standards required of such programs and ensure that reporting responsibilities are fulfilled.
7. Manage the application and reporting processes for operating and degree-granting authority from state boards of higher education, including distance education requirements.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors degree required with training as a Paralegal/Legal office.
Experience Requirements: Three years of higher education, compliance or related legal experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Exceptional attention to detail and record-keeping
Experience coordinating project initiatives and maintaining project files
Experience working with state compliance issues
Ability to read, interpret and analyze state regulations
Experience in Microsoft Office applications
Experience in problem solving, planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities
Evident of effective and verbal and written communication skills
Essential functions or requirements listed above may not be performed in every position with this title, and these essential functions may not include all related duties that might be requested and/or performed.
Preferred Requirements: Masters Degree.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 12/05/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency