IT Liaison - Health Center
Job No: 509732
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
Information Technology Liaison - Health Center
(Information Technology Consultant - Expert)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $7,750 - $9,174
Full classification Salary Range: $6,249 - $12,100
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
IT Liaison (ITL) acts as the liaison and interface between the faculty and staff of the areas they are assigned to, and Technology Services Division. The ITL works in conjunction with the Technology Services Service Desk, and second level support teams to meet these needs in the most effective manner. The IT Liaison works under the general direction of the Manager of Technology Support Services, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to appropriate school, college, or division managers, and may also receive direction from a Lead IT Liaison and/or may themselves be the lead of others. The IT Liaison shall possess the experience to be fully proficient in performing most or all of the duties of their position.
IT Liaisons provide on-site consultation and coordinate the response of central IT resources to meet the IT needs of colleges, schools, and divisions. These staff serve as technical advisors to the faculty and staff on software and hardware relevant to the specific mission of the organizations they serve. IT Liaisons seek to deliver IT services in a manner aligned with the priorities and practices of the colleges, schools, and divisions they serve, with best practice defined by Technology Services, and with the Technology strategic plan and campus strategic plan.
IT Liaisons work both as members of a team supporting the colleges, schools and divisions, and perform work independently. They participate with colleagues in the definition of best practices and use centrally-provide tools and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of IT service delivery. There may be times when after hours work may occasionally be required.
Expert-level ITLs work almost completely independently on the most complex problems and work assignments. They possess an advanced and comprehensive knowledge of end-user computing technology and a working knowledge of related specialties and are able to apply this extensive expertise as a generalist or specialist. Experts are proactive and understand problems from broad, interactive perspective and are able to develop solutions that combine information and ideas in new, unprecedented ways. Incumbents at this level are capable of leading teams and implementation efforts for assigned projects using advanced communication and listening skills. They may be assigned to Lead roles where they provide direction to ongoing regular administrative, technical, or professional staff (this excludes student assistants). Lead work direction must include the full scope of responsibilities: evaluating and setting work priorities; scheduling and assigning work; reviewing work against standards and providing performance feedback; and determining training needs and training staff.
Information Technology Consultant at the "Expert" level requires the highest levels of personal and professional responsibility.
- Knowledge of: o Service management tools for tracking Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, and Changes o Applications: campus standard applications o Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10 and later versions including Active Directory, Apple Macintosh OS 10.x and later versions o Desktop management tools for imaging, configuration management and policy enforcement (e.g. SCCM, JAMF, etc.). o Hardware: Intel PC systems, Apple Macintosh systems o Connectivity and network administration for fixed-wire, broadband and wireless connections o Copyright laws and industry standards o Coordination and implementation of data exchanges and conversions o Data security principals o Microsoft Active Directory security, GPO's and object management.
- Strong experience in a customer-service oriented role in a fast-paced environment that is prone to change, preferably in a technology-related area and in higher education.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) particularly telephone and email skills
- Strong characteristics of integrity, excellence, discretion, team-orientation, service-orientation.
- Strong emotional intelligence (awareness of self, self-regulation, ability to bridge styles of others)
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to engage with different levels
- Proficiency using standard campus applications, desktops, and laptops
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- 6 years experience in customer support environment supporting technical services
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or equivalent combination of education and specialized experience in an appropriate field of work.
- Specialized Skills: (Specialized Skills are required for candidates to be considered for the position.)
- Familiar with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rules and regulations and how they are applied.
- Familiar with FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) rules and regulations and how they are applied.
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community.
Our department consists of a well trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campus.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by January 25, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resume/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/509732/it-liaison-health-center
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-de3b147ed7a52e489190f6a68ead9d09