Job Identification: 15911
What We Are Looking For
The Financial Manager serves as a key member of the Business Office within a School/Division reporting to the Business Officer and supports the mission of Baylor University by managing the departmental/unit fiscal functions in accordance with nonprofit accounting practices, federal and state guidelines, and University policies and procedures. The qualified candidate will provide responsible stewardship, leadership, and management of university and grant funding through the implementation of effective financial processes and management of daily financial operations.
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, three years of relevant experience and an active Christian Faith is required. A Master's degree and five years of experience is preferred. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Work is based in Waco, TX and relocation assistance is provided..
Additional Preferred Attributes include:
- Excellent analytical skills, business acumen, and ability to identify data needs, and provide information to support decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Superior attention to detail when reviewing operational, grant and contract documents
- Ability to create and review complex budgets, learn new/complex concepts quickly and maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, business policies and practices
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make qualified judgements
- Ability to approach challenges and change in a positive manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and communicate information to inform recommended actions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain discretion and the highest professional standards in managing confidential information
- Research administration experience is a plus
What You Will Do
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee business activities to include approval and appropriate accounting for requisitions, invoices, expense reports, new supplier requests, payments, gifts, and revenues in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Assist Business Officer and University in ensuring appropriate execution of contracts, including analyzing, and negotiating business terms
- Assists Business Officer in documenting business requirements, gathering data, evaluating, and implementing plans, initiatives, strategies, and opportunities in support of the School/Division's strategic plan.
- Works collaboratively providing planning, analysis, forecasting, and reporting within designated department(s)/unit(s), including advising on appropriate policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Ensures departmental/unit accounts are reconciled timely and accurately, coordinating appropriate resolution, and communicating results.
- Ensures departmental/unit support of audit functions, maintenance of internal controls and compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain expertise in chart of accounts, budgets, and forecasts for designated department(s)/unit(s).
- Maintains appropriate trainings/certifications and knowledge of financial guidelines, internal controls, and University, division and departmental policies and practices.
- Works collaboratively with Business Officer, providing planning, financial analysis, forecasting, and reporting, monitoring the accuracy and completeness of fiscal information while examining revenue and expenditure trends and spend rates.
- Advise Business Officer on financial matters, including proper accounting, internal controls, management of operational funds, grant funds, unrestricted funds, gifts, budgets, and expenditures.
- Collaborates with Research Administrators on grant expenditures regarding compliance with allowability restrictions and university policy.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports to grantors, in collaboration with University Research Administrators and programmatic teams.
- Develops and maintains annual operating and non-operating budgets for assigned departmental/unit funds.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission and as requested.
- Support Business Officer in departmental/divisional personnel resource planning, including analysis of effort, classroom scheduling and allocation/optimization of personnel resources.
- Ensures compliance with university policies, procedures, and regulations.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/BaylorCareers/job/15911
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency