Enterprise Solutions Support Specialist
Requisition Number: 20122700
Type of Employment: Full-Time Regular
Number of Months:
Months Employed: June to May
Number of Hours per Day/Week: 8/40
Daily Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Enterprise Solutions Support Specialist is pivotal in ensuring the integrity and security of university systems and applications. While this role does not necessitate coding experience, it demands a tech-savvy individual with an aptitude for understanding the nuances of diverse software systems ranging from ERP solutions to custom applications. This individual oversees the entire lifecycle of account management for the various systems managed by the department, from creation to deactivation, ensuring that access permissions align with users' needs while maintaining strict adherence to departmental and university-wide access policies. Additionally, they triage and delegate Enterprise Solutions tickets, effectively assessing, addressing, and resolving issues while liaising with specialized teams for more technical requests. Their keen understanding of our systems is essential for prompt issue resolution and identifying areas of improvement in system documentation. Their commitment to clear communication, compliance, and efficient operations is paramount in promoting the seamless functionality of our enterprise systems.
Benefits of Working at Elon University
As an Elon University employee, you'll join an internationally acclaimed university with a commitment to fostering a thriving community. Ranked among the most innovative, creative and best-run universities in the nation, Elon's personal approach to education extends to employees, whose growth, professional development and success is a hallmark of our training and advancement opportunities.
Elon University's home is the charming town of Elon, North Carolina, a small, friendly community located a short distance from the beach and the mountains, and among the vibrant cities of Greensboro, Raleigh and Durham. In addition to the beautiful canopy of historic oak trees iconic to our campus, you'll find boundless opportunities for family-friendly recreation, cultural events and outdoor activities. Hiking, water sports, fine dining and entertainment are just a few of the many happenings in the Elon area, making the region one of the nation's premier travel destinations.
Employees at Elon enjoy a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 28 annual days off, including holidays and vacation.
- Immediate tuition remission for employees.
- Retirement plan with an 8 percent contribution from the university.
- Immediate eligibility for health, dental and vision insurance, along with free acute care and lab services at our onsite Health & Wellness Clinic.
- Free use of campus fitness facilities.
- Free admission to musical and theater performances, guest speakers, religious and ethnic observances, recitals, art exhibitions, entertainment and our Division I Phoenix athletics.
- Eligibility for tuition remission at Elon for spouses, qualifying domestic partners and dependents begins at three years of service. After four years of employment, eligibility begins for participation in the Tuition Exchange, a national scholarship exchange program that enables dependents to enroll in nationally recognized partner colleges and universities.
Elon values and celebrates the diverse backgrounds, cultures, experiences and perspectives of our community members. As an equal opportunity employer, Elon's principles of diversity extend to race and gender identity, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and other aspects of one's identity. At Elon, our employees respect human differences, passion for lifelong learning, emphasis on personal integrity and an ethic of service.
Degree in STEM field is preferred.
Degree/Major: Bachelor's Degree
Length of Experience: Minimum 1 years of work experience required.
Supervisory Experience: No
Supervisory Experience Detail
Special Skills or Experience
Technical Aptitude: Understanding of diverse software systems, ranging from ERP solutions to custom applications. Account Management: Knowledge of user access rights, permission sets, and the nuances of account creation, modification, and deactivation across various platforms. Ticket Triage: Ability to efficiently prioritize, assign, and delegate incoming support requests. Operational Efficiency: Skills in streamlining operations, ensuring prompt responses, and maintaining workflow continuity. Communication Skills: Strong ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical users, ensuring clear understanding and smooth handoffs. Customer Support: Strong customer service skills, with a focus on understanding and addressing user needs and concerns. Documentation Skills: Ability to develop, maintain, and improve system and process documentation for internal and end-user guidance. Problem-Solving: Aptitude for identifying issues, understanding root causes, and implementing effective solutions. Collaboration: Ability to work closely with system and data owners, as well as specialized technical teams. Diversity and Inclusion: Respect of differences in styles, approaches, personalities, culture, ethnicity, and other elements that make individuals unique and valuable for a more diverse and well-rounded team.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach a resume and cover letter to this application.
Posting Date: 09/13/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
General Purpose of Position
The Enterprise Solutions Support Specialist is pivotal in ensuring the integrity and security of university systems and applications. While this role does not necessitate coding experience, it demands a tech-savvy individual with an aptitude for understanding the nuances of diverse software systems ranging from ERP solutions to custom applications. This individual oversees the entire lifecycle of account management for the various systems managed by the department, from creation to deactivation, ensuring that access permissions align with users needs while maintaining strict adherence to departmental and university-wide access policies. Additionally, they triage and delegate Enterprise Solutions tickets, effectively assessing, addressing, and resolving issues while liaising with specialized teams for more technical requests. Their keen understanding of our systems is essential for prompt issue resolution and identifying areas of improvement in system documentation. Their commitment to clear communication, compliance, and efficient operations is paramount in promoting the seamless functionality of our enterprise systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Account Management
- Oversee account creation, updates, and deactivation across all systems and platforms under the Enterprise Solutions department.
- Adjust permissions, ensuring the right individuals have the correct level of access, and process any changes promptly.
- Handle approval routing for access requests, collaborating closely with system and data owners.
- Ensure adherence to departmental and university-wide access policies, conducting periodic reviews for compliance.
2. Operations and Support
- Serve as triage for Enterprise Solutions tickets, swiftly reviewing and assessing the nature of each request.
- Address and resolve tickets, leveraging a strong understanding of our systems to provide accurate and timely solutions.
- Assign coding or more technical tickets to the appropriate specialized teams, ensuring a seamless handoff and clear communication about ticket specifics.
- Continually enhance knowledge of our systems and platforms beyond account management, identifying areas where how-to documentation can be developed or improved.
- Collaborate with technical teams and actively contribute to creating and updating how-to documentation, ensuring a repository of knowledge is built for streamlined ticket resolution.
- Develop, maintain, and update a comprehensive knowledge base for the various systems, tools, and platforms under the Enterprise Solutions department.
- Collaborate with technical teams to document best practices, common issues, and solutions.
- Ensure all documentation is clear, user-friendly, and up-to-date, making it a valuable resource for both the technical teams and end-users.
Education and Experience
Degree in a STEM field preferred.
Does this position require driving for the university? No
To apply, visit https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/9775
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.
Elon University has built a national reputation as a premier student-centered arts and sciences university that values strong relationships between students and their faculty and staff mentors. Elon is ranked among the top-100 National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, with a No. 1 ranking for excellence in undergraduate teaching and No. 9 for innovation. Global engagement is central to Elons experience and the Institute of International Education has ranked the institution No. 1 in the nation for study abroad for 16 straight years. In addition, Elon is the only university in the nation ranked in the top-20 by U.S. News for excellence in all eight academic programs "Focused on Student Success." Elons more than 7,000 students prepare to become the resilient, ambitious and ethical leaders the world needs, putting their knowledge into action on campus, in the community and around the globe.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency