- Endpoint System Administrator
- Go to our website »
Endpoint System Administrator
Main Campus - Boston, MA
About Simmons University
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
This position is responsible for intermediate level systems administration for endpoints and related services including Windows and macOS workstations; mobile device management; workstation and application virtualization (VMware Horizon); Active Directory integration; enterprise lifecycle management (BigFix), application management and administration; endpoint configuration management; automation and scripting; application packaging; patch management; endpoint security management; mobile device integration; remote software distribution; remote support; asset management; operating system migration; virtualization; hosted desktop/applications; endpoint backup; testing; and deployment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- System administration for: Windows and macOS endpoints; enterprise lifecycle and configuration management platform; asset management; software provisioning; patch management; endpoint security solutions; endpoint backup; and associated utilities.
- Design, development, testing, automation, deployment, and support of enterprise lifecycle management solutions for the following platforms: Mac and Windows workstation, lab computing, hosted computing, virtualized desktop and application computing, mobile device management, software distribution, and enterprise configuration management.
- Project implementation for enterprise lifecycle management functions (e.g. software deployment, security enhancement, and OS migrations.)
- Documentation, training, research, and mentoring on technical solutions for technology staff to improve efficiency and quality of technology service delivery and support
- Successfully diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues on all desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Work with Infrastructure team on the implementation of policies and desktop security
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three years related work experience
- Expert knowledge of current and prior versions of Microsoft and Apple operating systems
- Experience with Active Directory and policy administration; Windows and macOS scripting languages
- Knowledge of ITIL fundamentals, ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal direction, emphasis on customer service and a strong desire to help others
- Fundamental understanding of common networking protocols
- Basic scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, Batch, Bash, Python)
Knowledge or experience using OS deployment tools e.g. WDS, MDM (JAMF and Intune); systems management tools e.g. BigFix, SCCM, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, or similar
- Experience packaging applications for Windows and Mac environments
- Ability to identify and resolve/redirect problems or issues to determine the course of action
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle sensitive situations with diplomacy and composure. May include handling confidential information
- Works well in a team environment and collaborates with all level of staff for successful outcomes
- Strong communications skills and the ability to exchange information in a clear and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective written communications and oral presentations
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Solid problem solving and time management skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Typical office environment
- Sedentary work with walking or standing required occasionally
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping, and repetitive motions
- Flexibility to work some weekends and nights as needed
- Flexibility to work as needed according to business needs
To apply, please submit:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Endpoint-System-Administrator_R09259
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.