Department: Assessment Center
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
The Assessment Center at Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) provides test administration services to students who intend to enroll or take classes at the institution. The Assessment Center currently administers the state mandated Accuplacer (reading, math and writing) tests and the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) test for students enrolled in the nursing program. The Assessment Center also supports several BHCC associated offsite testing locations, which administers the Accuplacer to the greater Boston community.
The Director of Testing Services and Assessment reports to the Associate Dean of Enrollment: Advising/LifeMap and Assessment and functions in a supervisory role for full time, part time and seasonal student employees. The Director is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining a customer friendly testing environment focused upon supporting the success of students enrolled at BHCC, as well as, external testing clients. Other responsibilities include fiscal administration, organizational planning, and the development, implementation and supervision and evaluation of activities associated with the Center. In consultation with the Associate Dean and Dean of Enrollment, the Director is also charged with ongoing exploration of the role and perspective of the Center for the purpose of remaining current and adapting its services to meet the needs of the college and the community. This will include working in collaboration with internal and external partners in order to build the Assessment Center portfolio of test offerings.
- Serve as the Chief Supervisor for the administration of standardized tests including Accuplacer, TEAS, and others.
- Identify long-term goals of the Center to enhance the learning process for the educational and career-related goals of students
- Maintain the integrity of the Center by directing and supervising the implementation of standards, policies and activities related to test administration and test security; ensures efficient operation of the Assessment Center to meet the needs of BHCC students and external testing clients.
- Develop a system to monitor, evaluate, and report out on the effectiveness of the Assessment Center programs and services; use the Center's data to make recommendations for testing expansion or changes.
- Responsible for identifying additional revenue generating tests to be added to the roster of test offerings at Bunker Hill Community College; develop and maintain partnerships with external testing agencies.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of the College's student database of test results.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Dual Enrollment and High School Partnerships and the Director of Workforce and Economic Development to maintain efficient assessment testing procedures at high schools and other external testing sites.
- Responsible for the overall coordination for staffing to include recruiting, hiring, training and supervising test center staff members.
- Responsible for managing the Center's budget.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Center's technology and software requirements; partner with the Information Technology Department and the assigned Business Analyst to troubleshoot technical issues and resolve them as they arise.
- Establish and align the mission, values, and departmental goals of the Testing Center with those of Bunker Hill Community College.
- Work with the Integrated Marketing department to develop a communication plan to market the test services and resources offered in the Assessment Center.
- Responsible for designing and delivering professional development to all test proctors who administer tests on behalf of Bunker Hill Community College.
- Attends meetings and assists with special projects as directed, which may require serving in a project management role and/or acting as a liaison for the Center.
- Master's degree in education, business, management or other related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the field of higher education, standardized test administration, or related field
- Experience interpreting and applying complex directives, policies, regulations, statutes, and procedures, and/or written guidelines.
- Experience managing the administration of Accuplacer, TEAS and/or other standardized tests.
- Knowledge of the National College Testing Association testing standards and guidelines, and FERPA regulations pertaining to the dissemination of test results.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and computer skills.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, a keen understanding of protocol, and an appropriate awareness of and sensitivity to the opinions and concerns of others
- Ability to organize work effectively and prioritizes objectives.
- Ability to exercise discretion, excellent reasoning, and independent judgment
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining effective collaborative relationships with administration, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Previous experience supervising professional and support staff.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Valid driver's license required; local travel required: must be able to travel back and forth between campuses, as well as to local high schools
- Ability to work flexible, day, evening and weekend hours in response to the needs of the Testing Center
- Experience in a community college environment
- Previous experience conducting data analysis and outcomes assessment
Salary Range: $90,000.00-$95,000.00
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By September 26, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency