- Dean of Students-Student Affairs - Bunker Hill Community College
- Go to our website »
Reporting to the Associate Provost, the Dean of Students is responsible for the administration and leadership of the Office for Students with Disabilities, Veterans Center, Health Services, Student Leadership and Engagement, Athletics and Fitness Programs, the Student Code of Conduct and Judicial Affairs, Basic Needs support services for students, and supervision of counseling center, counseling staff, and CARE team.
- Responsibilities will include program development that fosters student engagement, leadership opportunities, and success, student development outcomes and program assessment.
- Represent BHCC as the Chief Student Affairs Officer (CSAO) on the Massachusetts Community College CSAO group including attending regular meetings.
- Serve in on-call responsibilities for student and campus crises.
- Cultivate a college climate that is welcoming and supportive of BHCC"s diverse student body.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and other reporting regulations.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and staff development and evaluation.
- Responsible for budget development and management for the Student Affairs division.
- Master's degree
- Substantial demonstrated experience in student development practices, student services, and behavior intervention in higher education
- Knowledge of federal and state compliance requirements and experience in ensuring institutional compliance
- Demonstrated successful experience in the recruitment, supervision, evaluation, professional development, and supervision of staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to promote collaboration among departments.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and innovative student development programs.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead change in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in conflict management involving multiple constituencies.
- Experience with program assessment and/or strategic planning
- Proven ability to promote and foster a Learning Community philosophy of teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to promote the expanded application of technology to service delivery and systems management.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets effectively.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a community college and student-centered learning environment.
- Experience managing staff in a union environment.
Salary Range: $138,000.00 - $150,000.00
Effective Date: To Ensure Consideration All Application Materials Must Be Received by February 28, 2023
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency