Computer Support Specialist 2
Work Type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Information Technology
The University of Connecticut, Information Technology Services (ITS), is seeking a Computer Support Specialist 2 in the Technology Support Center Device Support Team. The successful candidate is an energetic IT professional who is excited by delivering "best in class" services.
Under the direction of the Team Lead for Device Support, this position is responsible for day-to-day operational support, including: level 2 support for all ITS-provided services. Provides in-person and remote assistance, writes and/or edits informational, promotional, and technical materials to support program activities and knowledge base, serves as a resource to student workers, participates in the hiring, scheduling, training, and discipline of student workers.
The University of Connecticut has been named the top public university in New England for over a decade and is ranked among the top public universities in the nation. The University of Connecticut is also a Carnegie Foundation Research University, a prestigious honor shared by only the nation's top higher education institutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses standard diagnostic techniques to analyze, identify, and solve problems.
- Provides assistance in technology support and training, both remotely and in person.
- Assists with technical projects as part of a project team.
- Assists with the development of plans and processes that minimize risk to services or systems due to errors.
- Provides user support and customer service on technology-related issues. Troubleshoots problems and advises on appropriate action. Communicates with other IT personnel on problem resolution and status of open cases.
- Supports the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of University information as part of the overall University Information Security Program.
- Assists senior technical personnel with the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of University information technology systems.
- Positions at this level may supervise students or support employees.
- Provides administrative support in hiring, training, scheduling, and discipline of student workers.
- Performs related work as required.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries.
- Respects diversity and works collaboratively with individuals of diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds.
- Develops and maintains effective and appropriate working relationships.
- Associate's degree and two years of related experience; or a Bachelor's degree; or four years of related experience.
- Willingness and ability to work occasional weekends and outside normal work hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Ability to prepare clear documentation.
- Ability to provide technical training and guidance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and related software applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
- Knowledge of personal device configuration.
- Skill in critical thinking, problem-solving, and analysis.
- Skill in troubleshooting.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience working at an IT service desk.
- Skill in planning and organization.
- Advanced computer hardware and software support.
- Experience within a call center and use of ticketing tools.
- Experience with remote desktop.
- Experience in a customer support role.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary for this position is $54,734 - $71,154 and will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496502 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 5, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Application Close: Jul 05 2022
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.uconn.edu/en-us/job/496502/computer-support-specialist-2
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency