Business Systems Analyst Senior / Business Systems Analyst Intermediate
Job Opening ID: 173731
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Pathol Lab Data Unit
Posting Begin/End Date: 6/11/2019 7/11/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Information Technology
Pathology / Laboratory Services
The Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology Informatics is seeking a Business Systems Analyst, Senior to support the Department of Pathology's clinical data product provisioning needs for direct clinical management of patients. The successful candidate will possess the skills needed to extract clinical laboratory and patient data from multiple clinical databases, including the SCC Soft Laboratory Information System (LIS) and Epic EHR (Clarity, Kaboodle, and Chronicles modules), in addition to multiple data warehouses/marts within the enterprise. Specific emphasis is placed on the candidate's ability to perform data provisioning tasks including database ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), advanced SQL queries(MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, and PostGres SQL) and other database tasks. Additional skills are sought for the generation of custom reports for Michigan Medicine and the MLabs external laboratory reference/outreach client hospitals, practices, and physicians; report types include activities and management, utilization, turnaround time, billing, etc.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Maintain existing custom applications including creation of customized PDF reports with embedded images and templates.
- Independently analyze data and provide custom management reports, as needed, including providing business intelligence analysis of data as requested.
- Maintain and deploy custom source code.
- Work with Michigan Medicine central IT (Health Information Technology and Services, HITS) to promote data exchange to partner groups and departments.
- Work with MLabs and Pathology Informatics leadership to design and implement a new data warehouse and analytics platform.
- Provide support for integration of outreach/reference lab processes within MLabs and implementation of automated solutions; is a subject matter expert.
- Assist with report generation and data gathering for reference lab/outreach interface work.
- Increase quality and service through relationships with internal personnel and external business partners.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal personnel and external business partners.
- Mentors and trains less experienced analysts.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and/or 5 or more years of relevant experience for Senior level required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (laboratory science or computer science) and/or 3 plus years of relevant experience for Intermediate level.
- 3 or more years of experience working is a large complex healthcare environment required for both positions.
- Understanding of clinical laboratory workflow and work in a reference laboratory information technology environment.
- Understanding of large healthcare organizations and data structures.
- Experience supporting LIS client portal products (e.g. Atlas LabWorks, 4Medica), or laboratory information systems such as SCC Soft Computer, Sunquest Lab, Epic Beaker, etc.
- Experience with interfaces at a healthcare facility with working knowledge of HL7 messaging protocol.
- Experience with enterprise relational database management systems such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with socket-based programming in C, C++, Java, or C#.
- Familiarity with web-based programming languages, e.g. React, Node.JS, PHP, etc.
- Ability to work with teams; must be able to communicate well with others.
- Ability to work independently, reaching out to business partners and groups when necessary to augment.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/173731/business_systems_analyst_seniorbusiness_systems_analyst_intermediate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency