Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Oct 19, 2020
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
To meet the workforce demands of the Greater Boston area, BHCC is looking for a dynamic sales-oriented, technology savvy Business Development Coordinator (Senior Special Programs Coordinator) The position requires the development of new in-demand training programs and courses through building relationships and rapport with local employers and community agencies.
Promotes Bunker Hill Community College to area businesses and collaborating agencies and builds a robust client base, serving learners and companies. Interacts with various agencies/individuals (i.e. - attends meetings; serves on and/or chairs committees; works with deans and department heads to develop programs; attends client-related events; represents the college and the assigned department/program at outside events/meetings; communicates with supervisor, local businesses, outside agencies, vendors, and other individuals to coordinate activities, review status of work, exchange information, and resolve problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Recruits new clients from local businesses, regional employers, community - based agencies and governmental contracts in the Greater Boston Region.
- Custom designs workforce training solutions, educational programming and student learning opportunities to client needs for online, remote, hybrid or face to face.
- Develops program goals/objectives, assists in budget preparation and grant administration and development, prepares and processes documentation, and manages records.
- Manages clients and in collaboration with Division Staff ensures excellent customer service from beginning to end
- Collaborates with the Career Development and Internship Department and other employer relationship staff to develop and implement a unified strategy to employer outreach.
- Directs other assigned programs and special projects such as the Center for Entrepreneurship within the Division of Workforce and Economic Development; as needed performs project coordination.
- After Dean of Workforce and Economic Development (WFED) approval, prepares and processes instructor agreements and client standard contract agreements for programs under one's charge.
- Recruits and assists with interviewing and selection of new instructors and staff for Workforce and Economic Development Division;
- Collaborates with members of the Division and the College in the creation of the course schedule.
- Collaborates with WFED Dean and Director of Workforce to prepare information for the Integrated Marketing and Communication Department (IMC) to promote programs and provide IMC information to update web pages and other marketing materials.
- Assists in preparing Annual Strategic Planning (ASP) report and other performance outcomes reports for Workforce and Economic Development Division.
- Assists with supporting unemployed students to follow MASSHIRE guidelines.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with department activities. Supports students and provides general customer service for inquires in collaboration using the services of the College and its technology.
- Performs assigned work for implementation of Ellucian Elevate
- Participates in meetings and professional development activities (i.e. - maintains a working knowledge of assigned area; researches new trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; attends workshops and training sessions).
- Collaborates with key departments to maintain and strengthen interdepartmental relationships.
- Performs assigned duties as directed.
- Master's degree in business, workforce education or other related field with a minimum of 3 years sales and/or business development experience with a successful track record of results.
- Experience working with and/or teaching adult learners and diverse populations.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the special needs of adult learners.
- Excellent computer skills and excellent organizational skills with new technologies
- Ability to adapt and be successful in a remote working environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Salary Range: $54,956.00 - $59,209.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 5, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By November 27, 2020
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency