This ad is expired.
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The Office of Technology Transfer & Licensing (OTTL) is a one-stop shop for industry partners, which evaluates, markets, and licenses technology owned by the University. OTTL negotiates and signs sponsored research and other research-related agreements with industry and handles all University's material transfer agreements, working closely with Office of Sponsored Program on budget terms for industry research agreements. OTTL also works closely with many other University research administration offices. OTTL's mission is to foster and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with industry licensees/sponsors and provide high-quality and timely service to our BC community.
The Associate Director, Technology Transfer will be a member of the Technology Transfer group and report to the Director of OTTL. The Associate Director will work closely with faculty, student and staff members at Boston College to build IP portfolio and manage industry partnerships. This position will support the evaluation and commercialization of new technologies and manage complex intellectual property and agreement matters. The Associate Director will have responsibility for managing complex intellectual property and technology transfer activities including being a key liaison between faculty members and their research teams and industry partners. Duties will include assessing new inventions disclosed to OTTL by BC faculty, carrying negotiation and structuring of new industry partnerships, ensuring compliance with all intellectual property and certain other alliance management responsibilities of BC under our industry agreements and negotiating and structuring third party agreements consistent with the provisions of active licensing programs. The Associate Director will also guide and coordinate relevant BC faculty, researcher and staff education as it relates to intellectual property and contractual obligations of BC under active contracts. The incumbent will participate in internal BC research and development meetings to help identify new intellectual property being developed as well as provide feedback and guidance to faculty and staff on intellectual property and contractual issues related to the licensing and industry contracts.
- Conduct formal licensing negotiations, finalize and administer industry sponsored project agreements, commensurate with experience.
- Negotiate intellectual property and publication rights, as well as confidentiality, indemnification and invoicing terms.
- Negotiate complex Material Transfer Agreements, draft language that complies with University, Federal and other regulatory policies, requirements and conditions.
- Negotiate other research-related agreements that involve intellectual property, publication and confidentiality issues.
- Identify contractual and policy issues such as compliance, conflicts of interest and accounting, provide follow through until resolved.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity/compliance/nondiscrim
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a scientific or engineering field preferred, plus 5-7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in academic technology transfer, corporate business development or equivalent intellectual property/corporate contracts experience.
- Experience in the industry; sponsored or collaboration research is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated track record of successful negotiating and closing license agreements; knowledge of intellectual property and licensing practice; strategic industry partnership management experience is a plus.
- Ability to identify and handle inventions in diverse fields within and outside of area of technical expertise.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details, follow-through & closing.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency