Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,377 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 37 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The Center for Digital Innovation in Learning (CDIL) at Boston College is seeking a talented and experienced individual for a newly-created Associate Director of Online Program Management role. The individual in this role is responsible for coordinating all aspects of online education at Boston College across a wide range of functional units, including course design, faculty support, marketing, enrollment management, admissions, financial aid, and student affairs. S/he is also responsible for facilitating ongoing operational collaboration between groups, solving problems as they arise, evaluating processes for effectiveness, and refining strategies and tactics for program coordination.
The individual in this role must be able to operate at multiple levels of specificity simultaneously, understanding both the specifics of each detailed process and the ways in which each process impacts all functional units and functional interdependencies involved among processes and stakeholders. S/he must be able to use influence rather than managerial authority to facilitate timely completion of deadlines and must be comfortable working on tight timelines related to recruitment and program launch. In addition, this individual must be able to:
- Develop and nurture relationships across the BC community with key stakeholders
- Interpret and articulate wider trends in digital technology and their impact on higher education for different audiences
- Create and supervise cross-functional teams, both within and outside CDIL
- Managing and coordinating operations for existing online programs (50%)
- Coordinating launch of new online programs (30%)
- Building, evaluating, and refining processes (10%)
- Manage project management staff member(s)
Full Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $84,100-105,100, salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- Master's Degree in relevant field required
Qualified applicants will have at least five years of experience in higher education administration and solid background in process management and project/program management. S/he will have substantial experience in managing projects across functional lines and working with a diverse set of institutional stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Online program management experience
- Experience developing and adapting institutional processes
- A wide range of exposure to different types of stakeholders within higher education
- Experience developing holistic, integrative reports for higher education administrators
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility;
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, and Dental Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both 401K and University Funded 403B Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick, and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
?Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity .
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity/compliance/nondiscrim
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=3869&site=1
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency