This ad is expired.
San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (District Wide)
Essential Job Functions:
- With Vice Chancellor, Strategic Initiatives (VCSI), lead College-wide Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity.
- Direct the coordination of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts of various departments, utilizing a collective impact model to advance the College's equity agenda.
- Facilitate resources and serve as a catalyst for activities emanating from various departments that build a culture of inclusion for students and employees; work with Human Resources, Director of Diverse Student Populations, Deans, and Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning leaders to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion work with instructional units.
- Oversee the development of a DEI website and promote and influence other college departments to maintain references and resources pertaining to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develop a data plan with Institutional Research and Data Science that reflects progress or gaps in strategic diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Recommend to VCSI and College leadership practices that institutionalize the College focus on diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
- Develop opportunities and activities that bring educational events that advance equity to the local community and that engage community with the college.
- Advance the work of training leaders and hiring committees in the reduction and elimination of unconscious bias.
- Ensure that Student Engagement and Activities leaders coordinate development and promotion of cultural heritage activities and other equity efforts.
- Develop curriculum with Intercultural Competence coordinator and facilitators to ensure content is current, relevant, and offered in modalities that achieve the objectives of the trainings. Work with other departments and with content experts to expand training.
- Serve with others from the College as a representative to community organizations and activities that advance DEI efforts in the community and at the College.
Additional Job Functions :
- To stand in for the Vice Chancellor, when necessary.
- Represent the College at state and national conferences that address DEI in education and the workforce
Salary Grade: 38
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req2671
Posting Close Date: 9/30/2020
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Planning and measurement
- Ability to build a culture that fosters relationships, trust, and respect across the College
- Strategic leadership in a spirit of collaboration and goal achievement
- Communication - oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Community building among diverse groups, internal and external to the College
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Master's Degree in an academic, education, or related field
- Seasoned, persuasive leader with vision, drive, and experience influencing cultural change in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated intellectual and ethical leadership as an innovator, convener, ambassador, collaborator and catalyst in mobilizing institutional and community stakeholders to promote equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to implement bold, creative, and innovative initiatives; and the vision, charisma, emotional intelligence and humility to garner the respect and involvement of SJC's diverse constituents and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and implementing best practices of diversity and inclusion and an excellent command of modern diversity and inclusion concepts and issues in higher education.
- Strong track record in managing change with an understanding of the contexts, cultures and politics within institutions that impact the implementation of effective diversity change efforts.
- Experience building collaborative programs and initiatives with diverse individuals, groups, and communities.
- Demonstrates the determination to achieve objectives, particularly when subject to time/cost constraints.
- A commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college and to the process of collective impact.
- Experience and demonstrated skill/competency in planning, budgeting, resource allocation.
- Five years progressive work experience with a background in planning, managing budgets, analyzing data and employee supervision.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with experience in multiple communication modes, including social media, with the ability to articulate the importance of inclusion and diversity to the broader educational mission of higher education institutions.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building trust, exerting influence, and achieving consensus from a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Experience in the collection, analysis, and presentation of data, demonstrating measurable metrics of change.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines related to diversity, inclusion and nondiscrimination in higher education, including Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, Clery Act, ADEA, ADA, and Section 504.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency