Assistant Professor, Mathematics (Moreno Valley College)
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Physical location of the position:
Tenure Track (Faculty)
Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
64,097 - 98,756
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture and/or laboratory instruction in the full spectrum of community college mathematics; arithmetic through differential equations, linear algebra and statistics.
Master's degree in mathematics or applied mathematics; OR Bachelor's in either of the above and Master's in statistics, physics, or mathematics education; OR the Equivalent. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
Experience teaching mathematics and statistics at the community college or baccalaureate level is preferred. Experience with innovative and effective instruction methods in order to promote student success is desirable.
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assignments are based upon the assumption of a workload of forty hours per week, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
2. The instructional assignment will include lecture and laboratory classes in the discipline and may include courses during the evening hours.
3. Faculty are expected to participate in institutional service activities.
4. Faculty will participate in outcomes assessment work and utilize the results to make improvements to teaching and learning.
5. Participation in the discipline/department decision making process and work regarding curriculum, program development, Improvement of Instruction, and other professional matters is expected of all department faculty.
6. Faculty are expected to maintain and report accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance.
7. Maintaining currency in the field.
8. Faculty are expected to develop and file appropriate syllabi for each course taught, ensuring that each syllabus conforms to required and approved curriculum, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and reflects currency in the field.
9. Faculty are responsible for maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintain broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Georgina Villasenor, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8595.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency