Admissions Specialist (SSP IB)
Job No: 509791
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Temporary, Full Time, Student Services
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,796 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $3,769 - $5,369 per month
- This full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week) position is temporary and expected to end on or before 9/30/2022. Extension of this assignment is contingent upon sufficient additional funding and satisfactory performance.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The Transfer Admissions Unit in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for providing admission and guiding transfer students in their transition to the university. The Transfer Admissions Unit admits incoming transfer students; guides transfer students regarding their admissions requirements and their transfer credit applicable to baccalaureate programs; identifies requirements for their particular major; and advises students regarding appropriate pathways for meeting major and General Education degree requirements.
- Rapidly acquire such knowledge of the organization, procedures and activities of CSU Fresno
- Rapidly acquire a working knowledge of the specific objectives of the admissions office and its relationship to operations
- Interpret and apply program rules and regulations Gather and analyze data Reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- Gather and analyze data Reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations. Present clear and concise information orally and in written reports
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, CSU administrators, student organizations and other private and public agencies
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field
- Additional specialized experience during which the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities of the position may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis
- Two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field
- A master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of professional experience
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by 1/28/2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resume/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/509791/admissions-specialist-ssp-ib
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d0b89da17064fe46ae73ff3ca8e32334