This ad is expired.
Requisition Number: ADMIS003303
Location: Charles Town, WVCharles Town, WV
American Public University System
The Admissions Manager works with the Admissions senior leadership to oversee and manage teams of Admissions Representatives. The Admissions Manager will understand, plan, and supervise the work of an eight to ten member team to help achieve American Public University System's (APUS) strategic goals and objectives.
Depending on the needs of the department, the Admissions Manager may manage a team of representatives in one of the following Admissions business units:
- Prospect Management
- Assists Admissions Representatives with communications quality, productivity, and adherence to department follow-up strategies.
- Handles escalated issues with and on behalf of students for self and members of their assigned team.
- Participates in planning sessions with the department leadership.
- Analyzes team and individual performance data and shows demonstrated strength in interpreting data from both standard and custom reports.
- Recognizes and implements changes to strategic and tactical activities when data indicates the necessity of doing so.
- Prepares and presents summaries of team activities and progress, and provides reporting to department leadership at regular meetings.
- Coaches and develops employees, ensuring quality service and productivity, coaching to successful communication and follow-up strategies, thereby setting deadlines for students, getting decisions from prospective students, and holding students accountable.
- Writes and administers formal performance evaluations.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule and work as required to facilitate enrollment for prospective students, which may require evening or weekend hours.
- Formulate successful campaigns and follow-up strategies for student recruitment and enrollment.
- Make educated admissions decisions regarding fulfillment of admission requirements and coaching follow-up strategies.
- Effectively builds relationships with prospective and/or current students by representing the university through email, chat, phone, representative landing pages, live open houses, training videos, recruitment/welcome videos and/or social media.
- Performs other duties as assigned by department leadership.
- Beyond the typical working hours, Admissions Managers may also need to work evenings and weekends both for university events, to remain available for prospective students, and meet performance goals.
- Flexible schedule with standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Requires high-speed Internet connection, a dedicated workspace within place of residence, and the capability to telecommute as directed by management.
- Work schedule may include night and weekend hours and/or occasional travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communicative skills.
- Broad knowledge of the University and its policies (including federal privacy laws for students), degree programs, courses, admissions requirements, and funding options for students.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a high-energy team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Understanding of best practices in the higher education industry, with a focus on best practices in Prospect Management and Admissions.
- Understanding of the needs of adult learners and non-traditional students.
- Ability to monitor of the compliance of institutional and regulatory guidelines pertaining to Admissions functions.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher required.
- Management Experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year of higher education experience in enrollment, admissions, advising, marketing, student recruitment, outreach, student service or customer service required.
- High level of proficiency in usage of CRM systems and technology.
- No performance or attendance/punctuality counseling within the last 6 months (internal employees).
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students. Our emphasis is educating our nation's military and public services communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of a higher education and the opportunities that brings.
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=678f5cb5-7b30-4782-be21-524494baa606
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-bbbada34aec28c47a51ce0ee2106d0ad