- Academic Advisor (Part-time)-Advising & LifeMap - Bunker Hill Community College
- Go to our website »
Advising & LifeMap is seeking a professional to assist with providing continuous academic and transfer advising to prospective, new and continuing students at Bunker Hill Community College. The advisor will use a holistic student support model that includes proactive advising.
- Employ a Proactive Model of Advising with the goal of enabling students to make informed and appropriate decisions regarding their academic program and transfer pathway.
- Assist students in developing short and long term academic plans in alignment with the career and educational goals, student interests, skills and personal financial requirements.
- Facilitate transfer workshops.
- As part of the transcript evaluation process, communicate with academic departments regarding transferability of courses taken at other colleges; evaluate transcripts and certify for transfer credit.
- Assist with transfer activities and provide transfer information to faculty, staff and students on transferability of courses, scholarships, articulation agreements, etc.
- Assist students in creating a personalized educational plan utilizing electronic resources and with matching the student with a Learning Community relevant to prior experience, skill set and future goals.
- Assist with the registration of new, continuing and readmitted students.
- Refer students to individual faculty/program coordinators regarding course and program content as necessary.
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology or a closely related field; with two (2) years of experience and/or training involving academic advisement and career development, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proficiency in student information systems and technology as well as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Demonstrate and possess a strong understanding of cultural competency and how to communicate effectively to different audiences.
- Ability to work 2 days on campus and Friday 9am-11am.
- Experience working in a community college.
- Written and spoken proficiency in more than one language.
Salary: $30.03/hr. @ 18.5hrs/per week (non-benefited) (hours changed 1-3-23 per Associate Director)
Review Date: open until filled
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency